The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- Landscape daybed by Outofstock
- Art Works by Harri Koskinen for Iittal…a
- Rooftop hangar by TDO provides launchp…ad for James Bridle's surveillance balloon
- Tom Dixon to unveil accessories with l…ive "factory" at Maison & Objet
- Fujiko Nakaya hides Bristol bridge ins…ide a blanket of fog
- Ron Arad: Restless - "I can't stay sti…ll in one place for too long"
- Aurora Pots with iridescent lids by Ph…il Cuttance
- Torafu Architects unveils Cobrina wood…en furniture collection
- Limited Edition Design Dolls by Olivia… Lee
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories