The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- Final issues of FOMO released as project… prepares to visit Venice
- Sketch lamp by Hung-Ming Chen and Ninna …Kapadia
- The Solar Sinter by Markus Kayser
- Badkast by Anna van der Lei
- Work Lamp by Form us with Love
- Debug by Edhv
- Reflective dish of water to be installed… at International Garden Festival in Quebec
- 100% Inspiration: Kara O'Reilly
- Ingibjörg Hanna at DesignMarch
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories