The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- Waterscape by Alexander Lotersztain is… a modular platform for living on water
- Nendo previews Soft glass table collec…tion for Milan exhibition
- Paperlove at Design Miami
- Flux by Jerszy Seymour for Magis
- Crystal wireless LED installation by S…tudio Roosegaarde
- Tokujin Yoshioka to unveil mirrored gl…ass table for Glas Italia in Milan
- Camouflage light by Front for Zero
- Infrasons by Matali Crasset
- ÉCAL students examine the selfie at P…hotoBooth exhibition
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories