The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- The Underground Library by Keri Tan, Max… Pilwat and Ferdi Rodriguez
- Featured event: Design Miami 2012
- Haptic Chair by Trine Kjaer Design Studi…o
- Topographic London posters by Melissa Pr…ice at Dezeen Super Store
- Dezeen's top four collections from this …year's Westminster fashion design graduates
- Oscar Medley-Whitfield and Harry Trimble… at Designers in Residence 2012
- Stop2Go by Mondaine at Dezeen Watch Stor…e
- 360° Family by Konstantin Grcic for Mag…is
- Microbial Home by Philips Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories