The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- Cuts by Philippe Nigro for Ligne Roset
- Wind Portal by Najla El Zein at the V&A
- Timber daybed by chmara.rosinke features… built-in privacy screens
- Wooden Panton by Matthias Brandmaier
- Smile Makers by Ramblin' Brands
- Dezeen Screen: NewspaperWood by Mieke Me…ijer and Vij5
- Sugru pop-up and giveaway at 13:00 this …Sunday at Dezeen Space
- 009 Croquet Shelving by Michael Marriott… for Very Good & Proper
- Download the first FOMO experiment in al…gorithmic publishing direct from Milan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories