The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- BMW unveils Vision Future Luxury car wit…h augmented reality display
- Juergen Mayer H exhibits stone sculpture… based on data-protection patterns in Miami
- Tokyo Fiber Senseware ’09 in Milan
- Squishy silicone keys control pitch and …volume on ROLI's musical Seaboard
- Pretty Vacant by Rietveld Landscape
- Erratum by Jeremy Hutchison
- Ny Svensk Slöjd (Contemporary Swedish H…andicraft)
- Family Bench by Valentin Garal for Le Po…rc-Shop
- Emanuele Kabu creates colourful animated… music video with paint and marker pens
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories