The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- Paddling Home by Kacey Wong
- Interview: K01 by Marc Newson for Pentax
- Van Eijk & Van der Lubbe design "an expe…rience in motion" for Volvo
- Finger Trap handbags by James Piatt
- Dezeen podcast: Designs of the Year 2010… at the Design Museum
- Maxime Mellot's Turia table includes a b…irdcage, fish tank and plant pot
- Eindhoven design studio Formafantasma is… "experimenting with lava"
- Honeywell joins connected-home market wi…th Lyric smart thermostat
- "Hal is very sophisticated. He's a coppe…r sweaty mannequin"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories