The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- Colonel launches collection based on nom…adic furniture at Maison&Objet
- Martijn Van Strien's Dystopian Brutalist… Outerwear is "a kind of trend forecast"
- P’9521 mobile phone by Porsche Design
- Dezeen Podcast: Colin Forbes remembering… Alan Fletcher at the Design Museum
- Instrumented Bodies by Joseph Malloch an…d Ian Hattwick
- Ikepod wristwatches by Marc Newson
- SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills by Philippe S…tarck
- Sounds of Threads music visualisation us…ing strands of wool by Bertrand Lanthiez
- Flux bicycle kit by Offer Canfi wireless…ly charges electronic devices
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories