The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- REK coffee table by Reinier de Jong
- Shade by Front
- Quattro Fleet Shuttle by Audi for Ender'…s Game
- Nendo turns Alcantara material into timb…er-patterned furniture
- Mataerial by Petr Novikov, Saša Jokić,… Joris Laarman Lab and IAAC
- Neri Oxman creates wearable 3D-printed s…tructures for interplanetary voyages
- Tiny devices replicate human organs to p…rovide an alternative drug-testing method
- Bertus by Alain Monnens
- Touch Lamp Vase by Roger Arquer for Bosa
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories