The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- The Bombay Sapphire Prize in Milan: vi…deo diary day 3
- Lighting design classes at the Brandi …Institute
- Four emerging firms create installatio…ns for Design Biennial Boston
- Seating for Eating by Studioilse
- Y Collection by A+A Cooren for La Redo…ute
- Paralympic design: Nike Spike Pad for …Oscar Pistorius
- Cast series by Tom Dixon
- Sunflower Seeds 2010 by Ai Weiwei
- Chair for Dali by Kei Harada
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories