The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- Animated music video for Japanese band S…OUR created using spinning CDs
- Apple unveils iPhone
- Urbanears at Boxpark by 42 Architects
- Zorro by Stephanie Knust
- Jólan van der Wiel at Dezeen Platform
- Dezeen Platform: Feats per Minute
- Hotel Taj Mahal by Constantin and Lauren…e Leon Boym
- Veuve Clicquot Out of the Box in Milan
- Tokujin Yoshioka to present Prism chair …for Glas Italia in Milan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories