The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- Alleles Design Studio turns prosthetic l…imbs into a fashion statement
- Glamour Factory by Studio Job and Viktor… & Rolf
- Designed in Hackney: Tom Tom & Tam Tam b…y Konstantin Grcic for SCP
- Simple by Philippe Malouin
- Snoop and Woopy by Karim Rashid for B-Li…ne
- Frida Escobedo creates an Aztec-inspired… installation in the V&A courtyard
- Smart Highway by Studio Roosegaarde
- Those speakers at last
- Patricia Urquiola straps cushions to Rol…l chair for Kettal
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories