The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- Serpentine by Eléonore Nalet
- The Oasis of Aboukir green wall by Patri…ck Blanc
- Ran Out by Shlomit Bauman
- In a Pinch shelving system by Arttu Kuis…ma
- Will.i.am launches Ekocycle range of pro…ducts made with sustainable materials
- Base Design and Michael Young for Herdei…ros Passanha
- Dezeen Watch Store: further reductions o…n Alessi watches in our end of summer sale
- Shifting Vase by Isolation Unit
- Collective Works by Mischer'Traxler
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories