The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- Curt deck chair by Bernhard Burkard
- PizzaKobra by Ron Arad for iGuzzini
- Sketch lamp by Hung-Ming Chen and Ninna …Kapadia
- Ground Barware by Michael Antrobus
- Tokyo Designers Week interviews: Jaime H…ayón
- Cornetto ice creams by Bompas & Parr glo…w in the dark
- Minimalux by Mark Holmes
- The Idea of a Tree by Mischer’Traxler
- Underwater by David Bowen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories