The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- Gravity Pearl by NOSIGNER
- Transformation and Distribution Centre f…or Abandoned Household Items by Joost Gehem
- Flux by Jerszy Seymour for Magis
- Fujiko Nakaya hides Bristol bridge insid…e a blanket of fog
- Data Clip by Nendo
- Mission One by Yves Béhar & fuseproject
- The r5.5 Platinum Chronograph by Jasper …Morrison for Rado
- Theatre chair for Dee and Charles Wyly T…heatre by Studio Arne Quinze
- Entfaltung collapsible fashion by Jule W…aibel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories