The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- Mesblock by Robert Knight
- Victoria Spruce at Dezeen Platform
- FLIP alarm clock turns off by turning it… over
- Sempé w103 by Inga Sempé for Wästberg…
- Designed in Hackney: Pottery by Ian McIn…tyre for Another Country
- Richard Hutten's X-Chair for Moroso is d…esigned to be seen from behind
- Shift shelving system by Patricia Urquio…la
- Max Lamb at Johnson Trading Gallery
- Semplice lamp by Industrial Facility for… Oluce
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories