The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- Bar stool by Aurélien Barbry features m…ultiple footrests to fit any user
- Suspended staircase combined with desk a…nd storage space by Mieke Meijer
- Plastiki Expedition boat by Exploration …Architecture for Adventure Ecology
- Stone Spray Robot by Anna Kulik, Inder S…hergill and Petr Novikov
- Parlour Lighting by Donna Bates
- Yuki Yoshikawa accentuates Grain Chair w…ith painted patterns
- Naoto Fukasawa designs streamlined Infob…ar A03 smartphone for KDDI
- Kram Weisshaar show new chairs
- Welcome Back bus by Héctor Serrano Stud…io, Miñarro García and Javier Esteban
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories