The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- Kit Yamoyo by ColaLife and PI Global
- Skinned by KNOL Ontwerp features latex c…asts of derelict buildings
- Hlutagerðin recreates ancient Icelandic… armour for tea cosy and tablet case
- Alexander Gufler unveils sculptural wood…en furniture for TON
- Talma chair by Benjamin Hubert for Moros…o
- Nosigner at 100% Design
- Heal's launches Autumn/Winter 2014 furni…ture collections
- Patricia Urquiola refreshes Maia outdoor… furniture with teak and hand-braided rope
- Ficelle chair by Osko+Deichmann for Lign…e Roset
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories