The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- Out of The Box by Tom Dixon, Front and 5….5 Designers
- Dancing Squares by Nendo
- FID celebrates native Italian material w…ith Terracotta Everyday collection
- Studio Nomad's mirror installation refle…cts fragments of forest at a Hungarian music festival
- Tuomas Markunpoika mills coloured pencil…s to create Amalgamated vases
- Adelaide by Xie Dong at Driade
- "With too many contemporary watches you …can't tell what time it is" - Tom Dixon
- Wooden Giants by PostlerFerguson
- Benjamin Hubert plays with slip-casting …process to create seamed ceramic tableware
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories