The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- Strike Matchboxes by Shane Schneck and C…lara von Zweigbergk for Hay
- r2b2 by Christoph Thetard
- Simon Legald simplifies wine accessories… for Normann Copenhagen
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Denis Guidone
- Bouroullec brothers design a bent steel …triangle to frame Artek furniture collection
- 60Bag by Katarzyna Okinczyc and Remigius…z Truchanowicz
- Moonwatch by The Emotion Lab
- Jomi Evers Solheim creates ceramics usin…g water-filled balloons
- Ronde Pendant by Oliver Schick for GUBI
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories