The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- Movie: Marc Newson on designing nearly… everything
- BIG Chair Project for Jamie Oliver at …Republic of Fritz Hansen
- Fibre Evolution by Marc Sadler
- Toyo Ito for Yamagiwa
- Reed Krakoff creates furniture made fr…om felt for Established & Sons
- Tesla by Henrik Schulz
- SO-IL wraps white plastic around New Y…ork's Storefront gallery
- Fashion collection features solar pane…ls for charging a mobile phone
- Dissecting the Dandy by Form Us With L…ove
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories