The Bird Series features toucans, swans and mallard ducks.
The beaks form the heels, while the fronts of the shoes are shaped into wings.
If you've got a thing for strange shoes, you can see more pairs here.
Here's some more text from Kobi Levi:
While standing in line to enter a museum in Holland, Kobi noticed a bird flying. This sight inspired him to incorporate the fascinating shapes and colors of bird into shoe design.
The research in this area proved so fruitful that Kobi was reluctant to choose only one bird, and decided to make a series of 3 designs.
The basic shape of the bird, which shows the upper as a body/wings and the heel as a beak, can be implemented to numerous birds, each with her own "styling".
The Mallard duck, Toucan and Swan were chosen due to their unique color combinations and typical, recognizable shapes.
- Frost by Mars
- Wall of Flame by Frederik Roijé
- Crucifix Surge Protector by Means of Pro…duction
- Emmanuel Babled for Priveekollektie
- Luzinterruptus creates "weird and sinist…er" lighting installation using floating latex gloves
- Recent work by Kelly McCallum
- Maarten Baas at Contrasts Gallery
- Deptford Project Café by Morag Myerscou…gh
- Clouds and Birds by Benedetta Mori Ubald…ini for Magis
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories