Hadid, who was born in Iraq, signed an agreement at a ceremony held at the Victoria & Albert Museum in London.
Here's some more information from Zaha Hadid Architects:
Zaha Hadid Architects and Central Bank of Iraq sign agreement for new headquarters
Zaha Hadid joined H.E. Dr Sinan Al-Shabibi, Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) at a ceremony to sign the agreement between the CBI and Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA) for the design stages of the new CBI Headquarters building. The ceremony was hosted at the Victoria & Albert Museum by H.E. Dr Muhielddin Hussein Abdullah, Charges d'Affaires of the Iraqi Embassy.
ZHA have already completed the client’s Brief Development and will immediately commence the design process for the new CBI Headquarters to be built on the shores of the Tigris River in Baghdad. ZHA will lead the international team of specialist consultants including: Adams Kara Taylor, Max Fordham, Newtecnic, DEGW, Gross Max, Davis Langdon, Arup, Warringtonfire, Winton Nightingale and A2 Project Managers.
Dr Sinan Al-Shabibi said: “The new building shall be a symbol of the Bank’s role in the economic development of Iraq and a reflection of the determination to rebuild the country.”
Zaha Hadid said: “I am deeply touched that I have been asked to design the new headquarters for the Central Bank of Iraq. I was born in Iraq and I still feel very close to it. I feel very privileged to be working in Iraq on a design of such national importance.”
- Tree House by Ravnikar Potokar
- Nakahouse by XTEN Architecture
- Raumlaborberlin builds a grass-covered e…nclosure around a Montreal fountain
- Museum of Handcraft Paper by TAO
- Red concrete visitor centre by Gonçalo …Byrne tells the story of a Portuguese civil war battle
- Amanda Levete for Corian at LDF 2
- Creative Units at Aberystwyth Arts Centr…e by Thomas Heatherwick
- Chancellor's Bungalow reconstructed insi…de German Pavilion for Venice Biennale
- Villa Extramuros by Vora Arquitectura
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories