The w103s uses the same shade as her 2010 desk lamp for the company, with a hook added to the top of the shade. Different combinations of colours and tones can be combined as separate pendants, arranged along a bar or coupled together on a hexagonal frame.
See all our stories about them here. Wästberg also launch new products by Ilse Crawford, Jonas Lindvall, Antoine Laver- dière and Claesson Koivisto Rune at the fair. More details to follow.
Here are some more details from Wästberg:
During Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair 2012 Wästberg will be launching a new range of lighting - LED pendant lighting - together with both old friends and new acquaintances.
Four years after the company launch, Wästberg are now expanding their range. This new collection of dimmable LED pendant lighting is developed in accordance with the company manifesto “Lamps for Neanderthal Man” in collaboration with Inga Sempé, Ilse Crawford, Jonas Lindvall, Antoine Laver- dière and Claesson Koivisto Rune.
A w103 suspension can be a single hanging shade or a combination of shades. They can be attached on a long rail for linear combinations or on smaller rails, where they can be joined together like Meccano to create polygons. The rail structure is thin enough to avoid the feeling of a heavy, hanging structure, and the lines are also softened by the round shapes of the shades. These exist in 7 very different tones - bright, soft, clear, dark - and can be arranged in any colour combination.
Two elements of the w103 range table lamp are used in the suspended lamps: the shade is identical and the hook of the clamp is moved to the top of the shade. This then becomes the assembly piece of all the various shade combinations.
- The Front Room: Geometry and Colour
- Emeco launches new collection in Milan d…esigned by Jasper Morrison
- Origami Sofa by Yumi Yoshida unfolds to …become a floor mat
- Viktor & Rolf turns Van Gogh artworks in…to sculptural haute-couture garments
- Black Tree by Miloš Milivojevic
- "I was obsessed by the idea of making th…ings myself" - Marc Newson
- Haunted by 36 Woman by Ted Noten
- Stealth Wear by Adam Harvey
- Philip Michael Wolfson at Covent Garden …Super Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories