In this movie from the V&A museum in London, Simon Peers and Nicholas Godley talk about the cape they made by harvesting silk from over a million wild spiders in Madagascar. The silk is naturally golden in colour and the spiders take just a week to replenish their supply once released back into the wild.
The cape is on show at the museum until 5 June 2012. Read more about it in our story on Dezeen.
- Lite by Animal Farm
- Andreas Engesvik applies simple geomet…ries to Fogia furniture
- Bec Brittain's latest lighting collect…ion features LED tubes arranged in diamond shapes
- UNStudio's Hem carpet collection featu…res pixel-like patterns
- Bye Bye Laundry by Lisa Marie Bengtsso…n
- Henrichs launches hi-vis garments for …fashion-conscious cyclists
- GER Mood Sweater by Sensoree indicates… emotions with LEDs
- Red Dot Awards 2008
- The Extrapolation Factory holds design… workshops that explore possible futures
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories