In this movie from the V&A museum in London, Simon Peers and Nicholas Godley talk about the cape they made by harvesting silk from over a million wild spiders in Madagascar. The silk is naturally golden in colour and the spiders take just a week to replenish their supply once released back into the wild.
The cape is on show at the museum until 5 June 2012. Read more about it in our story on Dezeen.
- Dezeen launches Zaha Hadid blog
- Digital Natives by Matthew Plummer Ferna…ndez
- "Smart" bicycle by Vanhawks gives direct…ions with flashing lights and vibrating safety alerts
- Zaha Hadid among celebrity Christmas bau…ble designers
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Mirna Kerr
- Telling Tales at Ligne Roset Westend
- Industrial Facility adds Branca Stool to… collection for Mattiazzi
- Design Museum Collection App: cameras
- Glen Baghurst's debut furniture range fu…ses cultural influences
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories