In this movie from the V&A museum in London, Simon Peers and Nicholas Godley talk about the cape they made by harvesting silk from over a million wild spiders in Madagascar. The silk is naturally golden in colour and the spiders take just a week to replenish their supply once released back into the wild.
The cape is on show at the museum until 5 June 2012. Read more about it in our story on Dezeen.
- Fetishism in Fashion at MoBA 2013
- R18 Ultra Chair by Clemens Weisshaar and… Reed Kram
- Joints by Nathan Wierink
- Studio WM aims to stimulate the senses w…ith accessories collection
- 1/5 scale paper chair by Taiji Fujimori
- Fundamentals of Makkum by Atelier NL for… Royal Tichelaar Makkum
- Coming soon: driverless trains, planes a…nd automobiles
- Daan Roosegaarde lights up Amsterdam sta…tion with rainbow projection
- First collection by La Vague
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories