In this movie from the V&A museum in London, Simon Peers and Nicholas Godley talk about the cape they made by harvesting silk from over a million wild spiders in Madagascar. The silk is naturally golden in colour and the spiders take just a week to replenish their supply once released back into the wild.
The cape is on show at the museum until 5 June 2012. Read more about it in our story on Dezeen.
- Scaffold Lights by Lanzavecchia + Wai
- Ai Weiwei at Albion Gallery
- Heroes of the Invisible by FAT
- Purple locket is a digital version of th…e traditional heirloom
- Pinha by Raw Edges for Materia
- Hanayui by Takaya
- Ora by Denis Guidone at Dezeen Watch Sto…re
- Apparitions by Matali Crasset, Mathias G…aillaguet and Michel Bulteau
- Snøhetta designs new visual identity fo…r Norway's national parks
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories