In this movie from the V&A museum in London, Simon Peers and Nicholas Godley talk about the cape they made by harvesting silk from over a million wild spiders in Madagascar. The silk is naturally golden in colour and the spiders take just a week to replenish their supply once released back into the wild.
The cape is on show at the museum until 5 June 2012. Read more about it in our story on Dezeen.
- Tokujin Yoshioka’s Panna Chair install…ation at Moroso in New York
- Moleskine Livescribe Notebooks transfer …ideas from paper to screen
- Pitt-Pollaro furniture collection by Bra…d Pitt
- "There's a return to the commerce of the… fair"
- Clockwork Snow by Tjep.
- Seven Deadly Glasses by Kacper Hamilton
- Dyson launches "most powerful" vacuum cl…eaning robot
- Li Edelkoort exhibits Issey Miyake garme…nts at Design Museum Holon
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Julian Hakes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories