In this movie from the V&A museum in London, Simon Peers and Nicholas Godley talk about the cape they made by harvesting silk from over a million wild spiders in Madagascar. The silk is naturally golden in colour and the spiders take just a week to replenish their supply once released back into the wild.
The cape is on show at the museum until 5 June 2012. Read more about it in our story on Dezeen.
- The home of the future will "know where …you are" - Yves Behar
- Scallop table by Samuel Wilkinson for Ve…rsus
- Federico Babina creates Archibet, an ill…ustrated alphabet of architects
- Dezeen Podcast: Colin Forbes remembering… Alan Fletcher at the Design Museum
- First collection from new Dublin design …brand includes a table with a hammock underneath
- Final issues of FOMO released as project… prepares to visit Venice
- Hook by Jean Nouvel
- Upholstered Tapas Chair by Matthew Hilto…n
- Augmented reality road markings and sign…age "could be applied as a digital layer"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories