These posters by Birmingham graphic designer Rob Ricketts show how to recreate
bassline percussion sequences from classic dance tracks on the iconic 1980s Roland TR-808 drum machine.
The product was one of the first programmable drum machines and this series of four posters represents, key by key, four sequences from some of the most notable tracks that were originally created on the machine.
Here are some more details from Ricketts:
A series of informative posters detailing how some of the most notable drum sequences were programmed using the Roland TR-808 Drum Machine.
Each sequence has been analyzed and represented as to allow users to re-programme each sequence, key for key.
- Telephones by Chauhan Studio
- Outlined silk layers fold across dresses… by Christopher Kane
- Shivering Bowls by Nendo
- Moritz Waldemeyer with Hussein Chalayan
- Olson Kundig Architects based Design Mia…mi lounge on historic lumber yards
- Xylinum by Jannis Hülsen
- Vanitas lamp by Charlotte Dumoncel d'Arg…ence
- Benjamin Hubert exposes timber frames in… Prop furniture collection for Moroso
- Guitars for OK Go by Moritz Waldemeyer
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories