These posters by Birmingham graphic designer Rob Ricketts show how to recreate
bassline percussion sequences from classic dance tracks on the iconic 1980s Roland TR-808 drum machine.
The product was one of the first programmable drum machines and this series of four posters represents, key by key, four sequences from some of the most notable tracks that were originally created on the machine.
Here are some more details from Ricketts:
A series of informative posters detailing how some of the most notable drum sequences were programmed using the Roland TR-808 Drum Machine.
Each sequence has been analyzed and represented as to allow users to re-programme each sequence, key for key.
- Personal Reading in Public Sites by Luzi…nterruptus
- Leather furniture by Tortie Hoare
- Paper Space by Studio Glowacka and Maria… Fulford Architects
- Lasso Shoes by Gaspard Tiné-Berès at S…how RCA 2012
- Clouds and Birds by Benedetta Mori Ubald…ini for Magis
- Moments in Time by Dominic Wilcox
- Kuki chair by Zaha Hadid for Sawaya & Mo…roni
- The Hybrid Project by Readymade Projects…, Mogollon and Daniel Hakansson
- Misoka toothbrush cleans your teeth with… nanotech ions instead of toothpaste
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories