In this second talk from our short series filmed by Dutch design organisation Premsela during their January symposium Me Craft/You Industry, software developer and hacker Smári McCarthy uses music sharing platform Napster as an example to explain how in the near future he believes craft productions will move away from centralised industries and challenge their existing authority.
The first movie in this series saw a designer explain how he transformed the uneaten parts of a chicken into functional items - see it here.
- 3D-printed dress for Dita Von Teese by M…ichael Schmidt and Francis Bitonti
- The r5.5 Platinum Chronograph by Jasper …Morrison for Rado
- Alizz.Cooper by Ingo Maurer
- Lapel by Stuart Mcfarlane
- "I work best in a new field or culture" …- Hella Jongerius
- Dezeen’s top ten: machines
- Underwater by David Bowen
- "3D printing will infiltrate fashion thr…ough streetwear, not haute couture"
- Tripod table by Noon Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories