In this second talk from our short series filmed by Dutch design organisation Premsela during their January symposium Me Craft/You Industry, software developer and hacker Smári McCarthy uses music sharing platform Napster as an example to explain how in the near future he believes craft productions will move away from centralised industries and challenge their existing authority.
The first movie in this series saw a designer explain how he transformed the uneaten parts of a chicken into functional items - see it here.
- Binbags by Studio Toogood at The Tempori…um
- Cloud vases by the Bouroullec brothers f…it together in clusters
- Chameleonic gemstones map brain activity… across headdress by The Unseen
- Fionda chair by Jasper Morrison for Matt…iazzi
- Colony armchair by Skrivo mixes steam-be…nt wood and rattan
- Swarovski Crystal Palace
- Spruce Stove that burns a whole tree tru…nk by Michiel Martens and Roel de Boer
- Phonofone II by Tristan Zimmermann
- Van Eijk & Van der Lubbe design "an expe…rience in motion" for Volvo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories