In this second talk from our short series filmed by Dutch design organisation Premsela during their January symposium Me Craft/You Industry, software developer and hacker Smári McCarthy uses music sharing platform Napster as an example to explain how in the near future he believes craft productions will move away from centralised industries and challenge their existing authority.
The first movie in this series saw a designer explain how he transformed the uneaten parts of a chicken into functional items - see it here.
- Infobar A02 by Naoto Fukasawa for KDDI
- Binaudios by Dominic Wilcox encourage us…ers to "listen to the city"
- Gates by Romain Lagrange
- Diamond chair by Nendo
- Clever Little Bag by Yves Béhar for Pum…a
- Health-monitoring components designed fo…r Google's Project Ara modular smartphone
- Reflet by Claire Lavabre
- Vase and kitchen timer by Studio Lama
- Estel Alcaraz designs wellington boots y…ou can squash into a bag
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories