In this second talk from our short series filmed by Dutch design organisation Premsela during their January symposium Me Craft/You Industry, software developer and hacker Smári McCarthy uses music sharing platform Napster as an example to explain how in the near future he believes craft productions will move away from centralised industries and challenge their existing authority.
The first movie in this series saw a designer explain how he transformed the uneaten parts of a chicken into functional items - see it here.
- 100% Design and Brompton Cross Design Di…strict video
- DP pour Les Trois Garçons by L3G Design…s
- Designers of the future at Design Miami/…Basel
- Inside Out Hanger by A'postrophe Design …transforms to hold more than one shirt
- MONUmini by Aimée Furnival at Dezeen Su…per Store
- Santos chair by Joel Escalona
- Modest Stool by Paul Menand
- "We're bringing cutting-edge research in…to the public sphere" - Loop.pH
- Labware by Benjamin Hubert for Authentic…s
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories