In this second talk from our short series filmed by Dutch design organisation Premsela during their January symposium Me Craft/You Industry, software developer and hacker Smári McCarthy uses music sharing platform Napster as an example to explain how in the near future he believes craft productions will move away from centralised industries and challenge their existing authority.
The first movie in this series saw a designer explain how he transformed the uneaten parts of a chicken into functional items - see it here.
- Designer New Year cards
- No.1 by Form Us With Love back in stoc…k at Dezeen Watch Store
- Outsiders plush toys by Atelier Volvox
- Canasta by Patricia Urquiola
- Tinkebell. at Torch Gallery
- Lightbotz by Marcus Tremonto
- Furniture by Carl Hagerling
- 50 projects_25 objects + 25 spaces by… Nendo
- Sneak preview: Campanas to show Disney… chairs
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories