The brand's standard packaging has been distorted by stretching, squashing and melting the forms.
The museum celebrates the life and work of the late Momofuku Ando, credited with inventing instant noodles in 1958.
Cupnoodles followed in 1971 after a trip to the US where he noticed customers breaking the packs into a cup then adding hot water for convenience.
See more stories about packaging here.
Photographs are by Hiroshi Iwasaki.
Here's some more information from Nendo:
Cupnoodle Forms: a specialty souvenir for the Nissin Cup Noodles Museum in Yokohama.
Even minute changes to the form of the Cup Noodle container give it a very different impression.
A collection of ceramic vessels whose forms remind us that the line between the ordinary and the extraordinary is infinitely fine, and help us to rediscover the 'small incidents' that exist submerged in the most familiar things.
- Abyss by Kundalini
- Established & Sons and Venini
- Tales of the Hunt: Raw Edges
- An Furniture by KAMKAM
- Stir It by Anna Blattert for Postfossil
- Impossible Technology's electric bicycle… folds away into a backpack
- Light Shadows by Zero and Orrefors Kosta… Boda
- Lightfacet by Bloomming
- Variations by Stephen Burks for Calligar…is
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories