Designed in Hackney: today's featured designers from the London borough of Hackney are graphic designers Multistorey, who created the geometric interiors and branding for accessories boutique Darkroom.
Completed back in 2009, the store features a hand-painted tile floor and cone-shaped pendant lamps with crisp black silhouettes.
Some products are displayed on top of brightly painted stands, while others are draped over a green ladder propped up against a wall.
Multistorey is the creative partnership of Harry Woodrow and Rhonda Drakeford, who also happens to be the co-director of Darkroom, and their offices are located in creative hub Shacklewell Studios on Shacklewell Lane in Dalston. See another project by the pair here.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Kinzo converts three floors of former …Berlin brewery into headquarters for Soundcloud
- 4.5x20 House by AHL Architects Associa…tes
- Hotel made of ice contains a Frankenst…ein-themed room by Pinpin Studio
- Dandelion-inspired columns create curv…ed arches inside Beijing toy shop by Penda
- Mahani by Studio Toogood
- Paperboard Architecture by D’art for… VDP
- Budapest cafe with vaulted brick ceili…ngs by Spora Architects
- G Studio Architects creates unfinished… aesthetic in Tokyo loft apartment
- House with Concrete Louvers by StudioG…reenBlue
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories