Designed in Hackney: today's featured designers from the London borough of Hackney are graphic designers Multistorey, who created the geometric interiors and branding for accessories boutique Darkroom.
Completed back in 2009, the store features a hand-painted tile floor and cone-shaped pendant lamps with crisp black silhouettes.
Some products are displayed on top of brightly painted stands, while others are draped over a green ladder propped up against a wall.
Multistorey is the creative partnership of Harry Woodrow and Rhonda Drakeford, who also happens to be the co-director of Darkroom, and their offices are located in creative hub Shacklewell Studios on Shacklewell Lane in Dalston. See another project by the pair here.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Artist in Jewellery by David Watkins
- Redhill Apartment by Studio SKLIM
- Hagoromo by Nosigner
- Epatant by Dennis Paphitis and Lock Smee…ton
- House in Hiyoshi by Hiroyuki Tanaka Arch…itects
- Who*s Who boutique by Fabio Novembre
- Folm Arts beauty salon by Tsubasa Iwahas…hi Architects
- Rolling furniture turns Kapitaal offices… into a design store
- G-Star Raw pavilion at Tokyo Designer’…s Week
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories