Designed in Hackney: here's another design classic from the London borough of Hackney - Paul Cocksedge's pendant lamp made from heat-shrunk plastic cups.
Everything in the shop is made at his studio on Brenthouse Road near London Fields.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
Photography is by Mark Cocksedge.
- Rise by Hussein Chalayan
- Crystal Bulb Shop by Lee Broom
- TMA-1 By KiBiSi for AIAIAI
- Lighting collection by Zero
- Fondue Stool by Satsuki Ohata is modelle…d on molten cheese
- Alpha Beta Gamma by Emanuele Pizzoloruss…o
- Analarm by Industrial Facility
- AfroditiKrassa's Pentagon Pendant is cla…d in beveled mirrors
- Cajal sofas and armchair by Gunilla Alla…rd balance seats on thin metal frames
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories