Designed in Hackney: here's another design classic from the London borough of Hackney - Paul Cocksedge's pendant lamp made from heat-shrunk plastic cups.
Everything in the shop is made at his studio on Brenthouse Road near London Fields.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
Photography is by Mark Cocksedge.
- Melvin the Mini Machine by HEYHEYHEY
- Tom Dixon to unveil accessories with liv…e "factory" at Maison & Objet
- New bus for London by Thomas Heatherwick
- Famous modernist chair shapes merged int…o a bar stool by Eugeni Quitllet
- Studio Job raids its own archive to crea…te wallpaper patterns
- Mobile by Christan Halleröd and Johanne…s Svartholm
- Massoud Hassani at My Way talks
- Watches by David Ericsson for VOID launc…h at Dezeen Watch Store
- STEEL chair by Reinier de Jong
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories