Movie: in this interview filmed at the Italian Cultural Institute in London yesterday, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs speaks to architect David Chipperfield, director of the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale.
Chipperfield speaks about Common Ground, his theme for the biennale, and gives his views on the contemporary architecture scene, comparing architects to "perfume brands at Duty Free, on a pedestal, singular and isolated" and says: "[Architects] don't have common ground between ourselves and the public".
The Italian Cultural Institute was the venue of Friday's press conference to launch the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale, which takes place from 29 August to 25 November. Read more here.
- Tom Kundig’s Delta Shelter
- Suppose Design Office's House of Tousu…ienn has translucent plastic walls
- VISUAL & the George Bernard Shaw Theat…re by Terry Pawson Architects
- Reinier de Graaf on OMA, the megacity …and its hinterland
- 2007 Serpentine Gallery Pavilion
- New Amsterdam Plein & Pavilion by UNSt…udio
- Bamboo "will replace other materials" …in architecture says Vo Trong Nghia
- Charrat Transformation by clavienrossi…er
- House I by Yoshichika Takagi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories