Movie: in this interview filmed at the Italian Cultural Institute in London yesterday, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs speaks to architect David Chipperfield, director of the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale.
Chipperfield speaks about Common Ground, his theme for the biennale, and gives his views on the contemporary architecture scene, comparing architects to "perfume brands at Duty Free, on a pedestal, singular and isolated" and says: "[Architects] don't have common ground between ourselves and the public".
The Italian Cultural Institute was the venue of Friday's press conference to launch the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale, which takes place from 29 August to 25 November. Read more here.
- Set design studio in Japan by Mattch pla…ys with theatrical imagery
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Seoul Flagship by Leong …Leong
- Mirag's House in Llavaneres comprises fo…ur overlapping white blocks
- Maison D by Emmanuelle Weiss
- Pine-clad sauna by Murman Arkitekter sit…s on the Stockholm archipelago
- Roy Lichtenstein residence and studio by… Caliper Studio
- Small House with Big Spiral Staircase by… Avehideshi Architects
- TOO49 by 16A
- Ball-Nogues win P.S.1 summer competition
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories