Movie: in this interview filmed at the Italian Cultural Institute in London yesterday, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs speaks to architect David Chipperfield, director of the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale.
Chipperfield speaks about Common Ground, his theme for the biennale, and gives his views on the contemporary architecture scene, comparing architects to "perfume brands at Duty Free, on a pedestal, singular and isolated" and says: "[Architects] don't have common ground between ourselves and the public".
The Italian Cultural Institute was the venue of Friday's press conference to launch the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale, which takes place from 29 August to 25 November. Read more here.
- Médiathèque d’Anzin by Dominique Cou…lon & Associés
- The Hive by Feilden CleggBradley Studios
- Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2008 by Fran…k Gehry
- Stairway Cinema by OH.NO.SUMO
- Dolomitenblick by Plasma Studio
- Wohngarten Sensengasse by Josef Weichenb…erger Architects and room8 architects
- The Khan Shatyr Entertainment Centre by …Foster + Partners
- Trees grow on rooftops of Vietnam house …by Vo Trong Nghia Architects
- Santa Ynez Residence by Frederick Fisher… and Partners
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories