Movie: in this interview filmed at the Italian Cultural Institute in London yesterday, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs speaks to architect David Chipperfield, director of the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale.
Chipperfield speaks about Common Ground, his theme for the biennale, and gives his views on the contemporary architecture scene, comparing architects to "perfume brands at Duty Free, on a pedestal, singular and isolated" and says: "[Architects] don't have common ground between ourselves and the public".
The Italian Cultural Institute was the venue of Friday's press conference to launch the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale, which takes place from 29 August to 25 November. Read more here.
- King’s Grove by Duggan Morris Architec…ts
- Alexander McQueen store, Los Angeles, by… William Russell
- House by Studio Architecture Gestalten
- Mosquée d’Algérie by KSP Jürgen Eng…el Architekten
- Landgrab City by Joseph Grima, Jeffrey J…ohnson and José Esparza
- Granite-clad library by Carr Cotter & Na…essens faces out over the Irish Sea
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Zaha Hadid
- Schanerloch Bridge by Marte.Marte Archit…ects
- Dezeen archive: red buildings
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories