Wall panels and shelves in this north London design shop are made from reclaimed floorboards and scaffolding planks.
Folklore was set up by designer Danielle Reid and her husband Rob to sell a curated selection of handmade and antique products.
The old floorboards are arranged diagonally behind lengths of rope suspended from metal railings, which support the sanded wooden shelves.
Here's some extra information from Folklore:
Folklore, A New Design Store Opens In London
Folklore was set up by Danielle Reid and her husband Rob with a simple idea that better living is possible through design; both the online and offline shop features a selection of goods for home and life that are created with care and made to last.
Some are handmade, antique or made from recycled or found materials. Others are easily recyclable at the end of their life. All are made in an environmentally mindful way.
The interior of the shop was designed by Folklore. Danielle's background is in design. We curate mindful design for the home and work with brilliant designers and makers. We source everything ourselves.
We look for craftsmanship, quality, simplicity and durability in our range and this is reflected in the design of the store. We chose a simple colour scheme with raw, natural and reclaimed materials.
For example, the hanging shelving is made from reclaimed scaffolding planks. We sanded them back and left the wood untreated to allow the natural beauty of the wood to come through. The wall cladding is Victorian floorboards which we left bare.
- Le Corbusier’s Cabanon - the interior …1:1
- Smolenka Apartment by Peter Kostelov
- Skyroom by Naruse Inokuma Architects
- Apartment in San Sebastian by Pauzarq
- Prada Foundation by AMO
- Amanda Levete's Tincan restaurant presen…ts tinned seafood as "objects of desire"
- Glass office for Soho China by Aim Archi…tecture
- Archiproba transforms 1920s telecommunic…ations building into offices in Moscow
- Folm Arts beauty salon by Tsubasa Iwahas…hi Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories