Afteroom Studio of Sweden have designed a chair that looks like a three-legged stool with a backrest reaching out from underneath.
The frame is made of solid steel rods with a bar crossing from the front led to the back stretcher before bending up to support the backrest.
Here's some more information from the designers:
As a big fan of Bauhaus, Afteroom studio has designed a chair that carefully taking away unnecessary structure, reducing usage amount of materials. We came up with a simple three-legs stool with a simple backrest connected by bent steel bar.
In order to produce the chair and ensure the strength of the construction, it is made of solid-steel bar with fine welding. The structure of it is firm and stable.
Materials: solid bent steel bar/oak
Weight is about 3 kg
Afteroom attaches great importance to the value of time’s traces.
In the spirit of craftsmanship and with a thoughtful mind, Afteroom’s products will grow old gently and accompany you for a lifetime. In 2012, Afteroom has divided its own collection into four equal parts of life – Dining, Wearing, Living, Travelling.
Afteroom pursues timeless designs, and believe that a beautiful simple one is always not shaken by the trend. As a main concept, we desire to share it with everyone.
- Pointless Diagrams by Josh Lewandowski
- Archipix by Federico Babina
- Movie: golden spider-silk cape by Simon …Peers and Nicholas Godley
- Losing Your Marbles by Charlotte Moneype…nny
- Oogst 1000 Wonderland by Tjep.
- Form Us With Love designs plastic seatin…g range for Ikea
- Mini Dada rocking chair by Claudio Coluc…ci
- Hella Jongerius for Vitra
- Funnel Friends by Roger Arquer
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories