Eindhoven designers Studio Toer have created a table designed to fit through your letter box (+ movie).
The Postable comprises a modular system of sheet-steel components that can be folded and bolted together once unpacked to make tables of various sizes.
Studio Toer wanted customers to be able to order it online without having to wait in for the delivery.
Here's some more information from Studio Toer:
Toer presents Postable, the table that fits in your mailbox. Changes in customer-behavior and the online evolution of the retail industry were the motives to focus on the distribution aspect of new design. Toer explored the boundaries of logistics.
People furnish their living space. They used to gather their products locally. Later, they selected them locally and ordered online. Today people seem to be able to select their future possessions purely via the internet.
By inquiring and acquiring online, no customer-salesmen interaction is taking place any more. By delivering products in your mailbox there is no need to stay home to receive it . All human interaction in gathering furniture is unnecessary in the design of the Postable.
Postable is a stainless steel table design. It is a modular system. Each element fits within the outer dimensions of regular mail. A full-size dinner-table can easily be assembled from the content of one envelope.
- Firmship 42 by Studio Job
- Patricia Urquiola's Luna cabinet conce…als items behind pivoting doors
- Apollo by International
- Talma chair by Benjamin Hubert for Mor…oso
- Chris Martin's sofa system for Masspro…ductions zigzags around corners
- Diesel Home Collection by Diesel Creat…ive Team
- Volvo unveils luxury car interior conc…ept for chauffeur-driven executives
- Showtime by Tobias Rehberger and Claus… Richter
- Joris Laarman works with Opel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories