Two small side tables slot into the top of a coffee table in this set by Barcelona studio 3Patas.
Called 3x3, the product comprises three tables with three legs each plus a large bowl that can nest in the hole vacated by one of the smaller tables.
Read more about the Delta Awards and see the winning design, a bike that grows with your child, in our earlier story. See a rug made of espadrille soles that was shortlisted here.
Here's some more information from the designer:
3x3 (three tables by three legs) is a collection of auxiliary tables which neatly combine to form a family. After working closely with different users, we found that in many cases, they were living in reduced spaces (such as inner-city lofts) and were searching for solutions which could adapt to their various requirements.
The large, main table contains two smaller tables which users can remove and use independently. When the smaller tables are removed from the main one, two bowls fit perfectly in the spaces, modifying the functionality of the table. The bowls can be used to put fruit, children’s toys or even be used as an ice bucket for drinks during a party. Users can define and create their own space by playing with the different elements of 3x3.The table legs can easily be removed and the different elements easily boxed together.
- Color Reform Spectrum Edition by ABC Car…pet & Home
- Luno by Martin Jakobsen
- Spanish Design in Milan 2010
- Rain Room by rAndom International at the… Barbican
- Hoof by Samuel Wilkinson for &tradition
- Minarets by Kacper Hamilton and Ezgi Tur…ksoy
- Patricia Urquiola refreshes Maia outdoor… furniture with teak and hand-braided rope
- Raw Edges installs dye-soaked wooden flo…or across 19th-century sculpture gallery
- Wonderlamp by Studio Job and Pieke Bergm…ans for Dilmos
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories