Spanish rug maker Nanimarquina celebrated its 25th anniversary earlier this month by laying dozens of rugs across Plaça de la Virreina in Barcelona (+ movie).
Passers-by and children were invited to lounge on the huge patchwork, which comprised more than 60 rugs of different shapes and sizes.
Nanimarquina previously designed a rug with a tiny felt polar bear on it to highlight global warming.
- Futuristic Primitivism/Instinctive Overr…ide by Ross Lovegrove
- Family Bench by Valentin Garal for Le Po…rc-Shop
- Rubber Table by Thomas Schnur
- Peak Oil by Charlie Davidson
- Solar plane to embark on fuel-free fligh…t around the world
- Bread spoons by Niels Datema
- Hassell and Draisci Studio create "Londo…n's first sleeperie" to encourage daytime naps
- Point and Dot by David Taylor at 20 Desi…gners at Biologiska
- Pitt-Pollaro furniture collection by Bra…d Pitt
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories