Spanish rug maker Nanimarquina celebrated its 25th anniversary earlier this month by laying dozens of rugs across Plaça de la Virreina in Barcelona (+ movie).
Passers-by and children were invited to lounge on the huge patchwork, which comprised more than 60 rugs of different shapes and sizes.
Nanimarquina previously designed a rug with a tiny felt polar bear on it to highlight global warming.
- Mother's Day gift ideas from Dezeen Watc…h Store
- De La Espada launches new collection wit…h a chair by Luca Nichetto
- Dezeen’s top ten: cars
- Ghost Script by Ben Hermel
- Multi-sensorial Gastronomy by Philips De…sign
- Dezeen podcast: Sustainable Futures at t…he Design Museum
- New watches by Denis Guidone
- Izabela Bołoz's Intersections modules i…nterlock to form street furniture
- Netscape by Konstantin Grcic at Design M…iami/
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories