Spanish rug maker Nanimarquina celebrated its 25th anniversary earlier this month by laying dozens of rugs across Plaça de la Virreina in Barcelona (+ movie).
Passers-by and children were invited to lounge on the huge patchwork, which comprised more than 60 rugs of different shapes and sizes.
Nanimarquina previously designed a rug with a tiny felt polar bear on it to highlight global warming.
- Lumps of charcoal suspended in mid air c…reate outlines of classical architecture and furniture
- Neri&Hu's Das Haus installation is desig…ned to "unsettle people"
- Interview: Paola Antonelli at Dezeen Stu…dio
- Willmann Vase by Hanne Willmann has a gl…ass base and a concrete lid
- Neri Oxman creates wearable 3D-printed s…tructures for interplanetary voyages
- Cityscope by Marco Hemmerling
- CraftDesign by OKOLO
- Colour Porcelain by Scholten & Baijings …for 1616 Arita Japan
- Pebble by KiBiSi at Dezeen Watch Store
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories