Mexican industrial designer Jorge Diego Etienne has created a series of small tables that look like cages.
The powder-coated steel containers have wide gaps and thick bars so books and small belongings can be slotted inside.
They come flat-packed in two sizes, in black and yellow.
Here's some more information from Jorge Diego Etienne:
Cages are a set of tables that keep safe behind bars your precious books and items.
These conceptual furniture objects have an intimidating aesthetic with a ludicrous function allowing easily placing and withdrawing books through its bars, or removing its top to locate bigger objects inside.
Cages provoke a dialogue about which is safer, being in or outside lockup, breaking expectations for what an occasional table’s function is.
Constructed in steel with powder coated paint finish, Cages resemble a side table and a center table to place objects in or on top of them.
Whatever you pick to rattle your Cage, it will sure be kept safe and close to you.
- Zipte Link by Michael Young
- Bokja for Al Sabah Art & Design Collecti…on
- YO by Victor Vetterlein
- Pregnant Chair by Trent Jansen for Moooi
- RealFlex U-FORM+ shoes by Reebok
- Roll & Mix by Marcial Ahsayane
- Floating table by Ingo Maurer for Establ…ished & Sons
- Dezeen Platform: Ariane Prin
- Trigger Point Mouldings by Touchy-Feely
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories