Thousands of bamboo rods hang from the ceiling like stalactites to divide the space inside this Bangkok hair salon by Thai designer Nattapon Klinsuwan of NKDW.
Klinsuwan was inspired by the way natural caves are divided, where he noticed that "often the stalactite and stalagmite will connect and become a column, then a wall, creating rooms."
In places the poles are long enough to touch the floor, creating permeable walls to screen off the colouring and shampooing areas.
Above: position of bamboo poles on the ceiling
- Visitors to Lisbon's Vertigo Climbing Ce…nter can clamber on the cafe
- Pizza Perez by Francesco Moncada
- Mexican library renovation by Taller 6A …features bookshop covered in boxes
- Unexpected Welcome exhibition by Moooi
- Aesop Midtown Installation by Hiroko Shi…ratori
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner
- Built to Wear by Ball-Nogues Studio
- Spiegel Kantine by Ippolito Fleitz Group… Identity Architects
- Cottrell House by The Decorators and Mea…nwhile Space
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories