Thousands of bamboo rods hang from the ceiling like stalactites to divide the space inside this Bangkok hair salon by Thai designer Nattapon Klinsuwan of NKDW.
Klinsuwan was inspired by the way natural caves are divided, where he noticed that "often the stalactite and stalagmite will connect and become a column, then a wall, creating rooms."
In places the poles are long enough to touch the floor, creating permeable walls to screen off the colouring and shampooing areas.
Above: position of bamboo poles on the ceiling
- Stair by JDS Architects for Bench 10
- Hidden Lines by Studio JVM
- Outrace by Clemens Weisshaar & Reed Kram
- A Coruña by Sinaldaba Estudio de Arquit…ectura
- Outdoor Kitchen by Studiomama
- Fiu Fiu Boutique by Mateusz Adamczyk and… Marcin Kwietowicz
- Corian Loves Missoni
- Federal Café by Barbara Appolloni
- Fourth Plinth proposals unveiled for Tra…falgar Square
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories