Stuck Chair is made from oak with a backrest of blue powder-coated steel. The seat is lodged firmly in place by the chair legs that pass diagonally through it.
In fact, the legs are secured by screws where they intersect with each other and the steel backrest, with the holes then filled to reduce their visibility.
When discussing the concept behind the design, chief designer Stefan Tervoort told Dezeen: "We are interested in a more poetic side in design, so a more conceptual, shape driven approach, but still we are interested in reproducibility."
See all our stories about chairs.
- 1Z by Continuum
- Joris Laarman for Jaga
- New collection aims to take Habitat "bac…k to what it was many years ago"
- All the Forces at Spazio Rossana Orlandi
- Stacking Throne by Laurens van Wieringen
- Bearina by Ronen Kadushin
- Movie: Bocci 28.280 at the V&A
- POV Candleholder by Note Design Studio f…or Menu
- Nigel Stanford makes sound visible for C…ymatics music video
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories