Stuck Chair is made from oak with a backrest of blue powder-coated steel. The seat is lodged firmly in place by the chair legs that pass diagonally through it.
In fact, the legs are secured by screws where they intersect with each other and the steel backrest, with the holes then filled to reduce their visibility.
When discussing the concept behind the design, chief designer Stefan Tervoort told Dezeen: "We are interested in a more poetic side in design, so a more conceptual, shape driven approach, but still we are interested in reproducibility."
See all our stories about chairs.
- Honey bees can be trained to detect canc…er "in ten minutes" says designer
- JAILmake pop-up studio at Tent London
- Silverware by Glithero
- Magnetic dresses by Iris van Herpen and …Jólan van der Wiel
- Doublefacette by Postfossil
- Design Miami Chat Shows: Julia Lohmann
- Shokki by Laurent Corio
- Microbial Home by Philips Design
- Blank Wall Clock by Martí Guixé for Al…essi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories