Product news: Swedish design duo Mattias Ståhlbom and Gabriella Gustafson of TAF have created a table with an upside-down underframe for Danish producers Hay.
"The inspiration in this case was to show the handicraft that you always see when you look under a piece of furniture in a clear and obvious way," Mattias Ståhlbom told Dezeen. "This is in order to make the product easier to understand and relate to, and the fact that it turned out to also become a constructional advantage is of course a bonus."
The pieces are made from natural ash and come flat-packed in a range of three sizes that can be used as tables and stools. The collection is on show as part of the Cabinetmakers Autumn Exhibition at Thorvaldsens Museum in Copenhagen until 2 November.
Photos are by Petra Bindel and TAF.
- Eight of the best (and worst) iWatch c…oncept guesses
- Discipline's 2014 collection includes …an apple-shaped desk tidy
- Stool by Michael Marriott for Paul Smi…th
- Dezeen podcast - Hussein Chalayan at t…he Design Museum
- Change! by BCXSY
- Camper store Paris by Ronan and Erwan …Bouroullec (more images)
- Matthew Hilton's new collection
- Tint room dividers by Kristine Five Me…lvær
- Swell by Form Us With Love for Voice
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories