Product news: Swedish design duo Mattias Ståhlbom and Gabriella Gustafson of TAF have created a table with an upside-down underframe for Danish producers Hay.
"The inspiration in this case was to show the handicraft that you always see when you look under a piece of furniture in a clear and obvious way," Mattias Ståhlbom told Dezeen. "This is in order to make the product easier to understand and relate to, and the fact that it turned out to also become a constructional advantage is of course a bonus."
The pieces are made from natural ash and come flat-packed in a range of three sizes that can be used as tables and stools. The collection is on show as part of the Cabinetmakers Autumn Exhibition at Thorvaldsens Museum in Copenhagen until 2 November.
Photos are by Petra Bindel and TAF.
- SafetyNet by Dan Watson
- Fondue lamp shaped like a cheese-melting… pot by Luca Nichetto
- Dezeen Watch Store and friends at Interi…ors UK
- Park Life by Jasper Morrison for Kettal
- Ceramics by Fou de Feu
- Hatcham chair by Samuel Wilkinson for De…code
- Objets by Seung-Yong Song
- Zaha Hadid at Sonnabend
- Grand cabinets by Mathieu Gustafsson and… Niklas Karlsson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories