London designer Sebastian Bergne has created a nativity scene comprising nothing but rectangular wooden blocks.
Designed for the minimalistic modern home, the eight-piece set contains different sized blocks that are each painted a different colour to represent Mary, Joseph, the baby Jesus, three kings, a shepherd and the Star of Bethlehem.
"The project makes use of our learned experience from exposure to thousands of images, toys and Christmas cards over the years," explains Sebastian Bergne.
A wooden box provides the stable and once Christmas is over the blocks can be slotted together into this box and stowed away until the following year.
Other products by Sebastian Bergne include a ruler for shooting elastic bands and a rubber Christmas stamp, plus last year the designer constructed a Lego greenhouse in London’s Covent Garden.
- MT Club Chair by Very Good & Proper
- Konstantin Grcic designs glass furniture… with moving parts for Galerie Kreo show
- I.V. Plant Pot by Vitamin
- André Fu creates "modern Asian" install…ation for COS presentation in Hong Kong
- Van Eijk & Van der Lubbe design "an expe…rience in motion" for Volvo
- Wank by Craig Alun Smith
- 60Bag by Katarzyna Okinczyc and Remigius…z Truchanowicz
- Design Miami Chat Shows: Julia Lohmann
- If Only Gio Knew... by Martino Gamper
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories