London designer Sebastian Bergne has created a nativity scene comprising nothing but rectangular wooden blocks.
Designed for the minimalistic modern home, the eight-piece set contains different sized blocks that are each painted a different colour to represent Mary, Joseph, the baby Jesus, three kings, a shepherd and the Star of Bethlehem.
"The project makes use of our learned experience from exposure to thousands of images, toys and Christmas cards over the years," explains Sebastian Bergne.
A wooden box provides the stable and once Christmas is over the blocks can be slotted together into this box and stowed away until the following year.
Other products by Sebastian Bergne include a ruler for shooting elastic bands and a rubber Christmas stamp, plus last year the designer constructed a Lego greenhouse in London’s Covent Garden.
- Stacked Lights by Sander Wassink and M…a'ayan Pesach combine vintage glass with coloured resin
- Chairs & Fireworks by Martí Guixé
- Dezeen podcast: Object Rotterdam 2010
- Totemism: Memphis meets Africa at Desi…gn Indaba Expo
- More Design Indaba videos
- Empyrean Passage by Dan Corson
- Branca by Industrial Facility for Matt…iazzi
- Samuel Wilkinson's Thirty lamp rotates… at a constant angle
- Designers create transportable leather… furnishings for Louis Vuitton
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories