This animation by architect Andrea Stinga and graphic designer Federico Gonzalez depicts the best-known buildings of 26 famous architects, one for each letter of the alphabet.
Starting with Alvar Aalto's Säynätsalo Town Hall, The ABC of Architects flashes through an assortment of colourful cartoon buildings that includes Frank Gehry's Guggenheim Bilbao and Le Corbusier's Villa Savoye, before finishing up with Zaha Hadid's Pierres Vives.
"This work is an alphabetical list of the most important architects with their best known building," explain the producers."A lot of them have been left out with grief because we only need one for each letter and it's been an effort to have different nationalities."
Other animations on Dezeen include a sketchbook that comes to life in time with music and a futuristic rendering of the London 2012 Olympic Velodrome. See more animations on Dezeen.
- Sluňákov by Projektil Architekti
- Constellations Bar by H Miller Bros is a… courtyard canopy made up of triangles and zigzags
- Crofthouse by James Stockwell
- Glebe House by Nobbs Radford Architects …extends a Sydney residence
- Concrete and steel mausoleum for an engi…neer completed at Spanish cemetery
- South London Gallery extension by 6A Arc…hitects
- Half & Half House in Tokyo has a curving… wall to allow pedestrians to cut the corner
- Heydar Aliyev Center was "an incredibly …ambitious project" says Zaha Hadid
- Perforated brick house by Tropical Space… is based on termites' nests
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories