This animation by architect Andrea Stinga and graphic designer Federico Gonzalez depicts the best-known buildings of 26 famous architects, one for each letter of the alphabet.
Starting with Alvar Aalto's Säynätsalo Town Hall, The ABC of Architects flashes through an assortment of colourful cartoon buildings that includes Frank Gehry's Guggenheim Bilbao and Le Corbusier's Villa Savoye, before finishing up with Zaha Hadid's Pierres Vives.
"This work is an alphabetical list of the most important architects with their best known building," explain the producers."A lot of them have been left out with grief because we only need one for each letter and it's been an effort to have different nationalities."
Other animations on Dezeen include a sketchbook that comes to life in time with music and a futuristic rendering of the London 2012 Olympic Velodrome. See more animations on Dezeen.
- Aeropolis by Plastique Fantastique
- Pabellon Ultraligero Centrifugo by Clave…l Arquitectos
- Bedaux de Brouwer Architecten uses red b…rick for Dutch countryside house
- British Embassy in Jakarta by HOK
- Festspielgarage Erl by Kleboth Lindinger… Dollnig
- Herzog & de Meuron uses rammed earth to …create countryside herb centre for Ricola
- Dutch Pavilion at Venice Architecture Bi…ennale 2012
- Green Box by Act_Romegialli
- Raised outdoor cabins connected to Goodw…ood Residence apartments by WOHA
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories