Product news: London designer Benjamin Hubert will launch a ceramic lamp for French brand Ligne Roset at Maison&Objet in Paris and imm cologne in Germany next week.
Called Container, the lamp comprises two large ceramic parts held together under the tension of an injection-moulded silicon band wrapped round a spout-like protrusion, eradicating the need for any glue or screws.
A coloured flex escapes from the end of this component and matches the hue of the band.
"Container looks at utilising the ceramic to both contain the electronic lighting components and produce a soft, reflected illumination from the interior glazed surface to light the table or desk beneath," says Hubert.
"The forms are driven by a sympathetic design language and construction in tune with earthenware production," he adds.
Trade fair imm cologne takes place from 14 to 20 January and Maison&Objet runs from 18 to 22 January.
Benjamin Hubert was one of the speakers at our Dezeen Live series of talks during the London Design Festival, where he argued that designers should focus on building their own name as a brand.
- Light Movement by Noam Bar Yohai
- Exploded chandeliers by Ward van Gemert
- To Become One by Erwin Zwiers
- The Foetus Project by Jorge Lopes Dos Sa…ntos
- W by Satoshi Wada for Issey Miyake at De…zeen Watch Store
- Expo Chair by KiBiSi
- In Vein by Ayala Serfaty
- Z-shaped clothes hanger easily fits thro…ugh the neck hole
- Modebelofte 2014 exhibition showcases "i…nnovative" graduate fashion
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories