Cologne 2013: Berlin-based product designer Daniel Becker has created a set of ceramic tiles that let stoves give off more heat.
The Berlin stove tiles by Daniel Becker Design Studio are decorated with a geometric dotted pattern.
The three-dimensional pattern increases the surface area of the tiles so that they lose heat faster, warming the room more effectively.
Other tiles we've featured on Dezeen include an art gallery covered in glazed black tiles and a collection of tiles that look like oxidised metals – see all tiles on Dezeen.
We've been reporting on other products at imm cologne, such as an asymmetrical desk and a storage box and mirror that hang from a leather strap – see all products launched in Cologne.
- Aqualta by Studio Lindfors
- Crushed Bowls by Julien de Smedt
- Krijn de Koning builds colourful archite…ctural structures at Turner Contemporary
- A-Joint Table by Henry Wilson for Very G…ood & Proper
- "India needs to cash in on its handicraf…ts" says Made in… India exhibition co-curator
- Rings by Adi Zaffran Weisler
- The Bent Hands by Giha Woo and Shingoeun
- Zorro by Stephanie Knust
- "We're not too far away from driverless …cars" - MINI head of design Anders Warming
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories