Product news: designer Werner Aisslinger of Berlin and Singapore has created a storage system for German brand Flötotto that's held together by plastic clips.
The ADD System comprises timber batons joined with plastic connectors hidden on the inside of the frame. Side, front and back panels can then be simply clipped to the plastic components with metal fastenings.
“ADD literally contains a ‘hidden hero’ since the highly complex joint is integrated into the load-bearing wooden elements in such a way that it remains invisible from the outside," says Aisslinger. "This gives the system an elegant, domestic look.”
Intended for the contract or domestic market, the system can be used to make open and closed shelving units, sideboards and chests of drawers.
The frame is made of bleached oak and the MDF panels come painted in a range of eight colours plus lighter and darker versions.
The product was launched at imm cologne in January, where other products on show included a chair inspired by spaghetti for Ligne Roset and a folding armchair for One Nordic. See all our stories about product launches in Cologne.
Other projects by Werner Aisslinger on Dezeen include a budget hotel designed to feel like staying at a friend's house, a chair grown inside a greenhouse and a swinging sofa. He's also the designer behind the Iconograph watch, available from Dezeen Watch Store.
Other storage solutions on Dezeen include a bookcase with a dining table and chairs hidden between the shelves and a mirror and shelf hung either end of a leather strap. See all our stories about storage.
- Established & Sons: Elevating Design
- Invisible Shoe by Andreia Chaves
- Trigger Point Mouldings by Touchy-Feely
- Antibodies by the Campana Brothers at Vi…tra Design Museum
- Wooden poles randomly strike the ground …at Zimoun's installation in New York
- Don't Run shoe factory brings production… line to local high streets
- Zai CORE Axe by Kacper Hamilton
- Windowseat Lounge by Mike & Maaike for H…aworth Collection
- Work Lamp by Form us with Love
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories