Product news: Dutch designers Studio Makkink & Bey have combined a desk, shelves and swivel chair to create a flexible workspace in a single item of furniture.
Designed for Dutch Brand PROOFF, the chair can be spun ninety degrees so the arm can be used as a side table and partition while reading, or a surface for desk-based work.
The seat is raised above the chunky base so it can move independently from the rest of the piece.
A shelving unit propped on two feet sit at one end and extends out past the seat so legs can fit underneath. Surfaces can be mixed and matched with shades of beige and bright blue.
- Dezeen Book of Ideas: The Toaster Projec…t by Thomas Thwaites
- Konstantin Grcic adds armchair to Pro se…ating collection for Flötotto
- Dezeen’s top ten: watches and clocks
- Bumper Bed by Marc Newson for Domeau & P…érès
- Anya Sebton designs flexible storage sys…tem for Lammhults
- Arne Quinze at Galerie Pierre Bergé & A…ssociés
- Circus tables by Formfjord for Offecct
- Stamp Cutlery by Tomás Alonso for Itale…sse
- The Chankley Bore by Maarten Baas
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories