Product news: Dutch designers Studio Makkink & Bey have combined a desk, shelves and swivel chair to create a flexible workspace in a single item of furniture.
Designed for Dutch Brand PROOFF, the chair can be spun ninety degrees so the arm can be used as a side table and partition while reading, or a surface for desk-based work.
The seat is raised above the chunky base so it can move independently from the rest of the piece.
A shelving unit propped on two feet sit at one end and extends out past the seat so legs can fit underneath. Surfaces can be mixed and matched with shades of beige and bright blue.
- Honey bees can be trained to detect canc…er "in ten minutes" says designer
- Milan's Salone del Mobile is still "the …centre of the furniture design world" says Jasper Morrison
- Xkuty One electric bike by The Electric …Mobility Company
- Slideshow feature: Clerkenwell Design We…ek 2012
- Big Bloom by Charlie Guda for The Cottag…e Industry
- REK bookcase by Reinier de Jong
- From Fable to Table by Amelie Onzon
- OMA designs installation for the launch …of furniture collection by Maarten van Severen
- Ro armchair by Jaime Hayón for Republic… of Fritz Hansen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories