Product news: Dutch designers Studio Makkink & Bey have combined a desk, shelves and swivel chair to create a flexible workspace in a single item of furniture.
Designed for Dutch Brand PROOFF, the chair can be spun ninety degrees so the arm can be used as a side table and partition while reading, or a surface for desk-based work.
The seat is raised above the chunky base so it can move independently from the rest of the piece.
A shelving unit propped on two feet sit at one end and extends out past the seat so legs can fit underneath. Surfaces can be mixed and matched with shades of beige and bright blue.
- Revised Craft by Sjoerd Vroonland
- Formafantasma and Martino Gamper among s…peakers announced for Milan FOMO talks
- Cantilevered sofas by Paulo Kobylka fit …together like stacked concrete slabs
- New collection aims to take Habitat "bac…k to what it was many years ago"
- Firmship 42 by Studio Job
- Modern Day Snail Mail by Cristina Vanko
- Nendo and Camper team up for sunglasses …range
- Kathryn Fleming proposes engineering ani…mals to thwart extinction
- Styrene by Paul Cocksedge for the Stepne…y Green Design Collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories