Product news: Dutch designers Studio Makkink & Bey have combined a desk, shelves and swivel chair to create a flexible workspace in a single item of furniture.
Designed for Dutch Brand PROOFF, the chair can be spun ninety degrees so the arm can be used as a side table and partition while reading, or a surface for desk-based work.
The seat is raised above the chunky base so it can move independently from the rest of the piece.
A shelving unit propped on two feet sit at one end and extends out past the seat so legs can fit underneath. Surfaces can be mixed and matched with shades of beige and bright blue.
- Thomas Heatherwick beach cafe takes sh…ape
- Watt-Lite by the Interactive Institute
- Laura Lynn Jansen and Thomas Vailly "g…row" stone tableware
- Gitta Gschwendtner at Wellcome Collect…ion 1
- Axis by Ramei Keum
- The Flavour Conductor by Bompas & Parr… enhances different flavours in whisky
- Eye Candy by Eye Candy Can
- Michael Anastassiades creates minimal …lighting designs from glowing spheres
- Antonino Cardillo combines scent and t…exture for Illuminum Fragrance shop interior
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories