Product news: the circular sections of this console by French designer Philippine Lemaire for Ligne Roset can be curled round to make a dining table.
Philippine Lemaire incorporated metal ball joints underneath each sawn-oak circular top so the sections can be realigned.
Segments cut out of three of the four tops allow them to fit together and rotate around each other easily.
Each suface balances on two solid oak legs, which branch from a single stem coated in grey laquer at the joint.
- SCP 2011 Collection at Maison&Objet 2011
- Escape by Hanna Hedman
- Patrick Parrish Gallery presents gridded… furniture and matching clothing at Design Miami 2014
- Engineering Temporality chandelier by St…udio Markunpoika
- Amy Congdon's couture fashion integrates… textile design and tissue engineering
- Wallpaper* editor resigns
- Papyrus chair by Ronan and Erwan Bouroul…lec
- Volkswagen claims XL1 is "the most effic…ient production car in the world"
- Matières à Chaud by 5.5 Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories