This forest-like beauty salon in Osaka has birch trees wedged between the floor and ceiling (+ slideshow).
Named Onico, the hair and nail salon was designed by Japanese architect Ryo Isobe.
The architect imagined the space as a woodland filled with antique objects and other curiosities, including a stuffed owl.
"Our client likes DIY and he makes many objects and furniture by himself," said Isobe. "So we made the space as if it is a treasure hunt in the woods."
Birch trees are dotted around the space, amongst a styling area containing assorted chairs and mirrors.
A mixture of lanterns, chandeliers and bare light bulbs are suspended from the ceiling, while fairy lights are strung up beside a cluster of artificial ivy in the room behind.
Other details include a decorative balustrade, empty picture frames and a golden dresser.
- Selective Insulation by Davidson Rafai…lidis
- Atrium by Studio RHE
- Gitta Gschwendtner at Wellcome Collect…ion 2
- Style Bakery by SNARK features tiled w…alls and oak shelving
- Qantas First Lounges by Marc Newson
- Cambodia hotel features tiny terraced …rooms that "look like houses"
- Green Void by LAVA
- Arrojadoa by Jaime Hayón
- Ghaith & Jad build brass rod installat…ion inside Beirut boutique
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories