Milan 2013: this office chair by Copenhagen design firm KiBiSi is mounted on a Y-shaped stem, allowing the seat of the chair to rock back and forth as well as rotating left and right.
The Scoop Chair has a gyroscope-like suspension system intended to create the feeling of moving freely in the air.
The chairs have upholstered cast-foam seats in a range of different fabrics and will be available in a colour scheme inspired by ice cream shades. Frames will be polished aluminium or powder-coated in black and white.
"We wanted to stay clear of a home decorative cutesy product and contract business polish. We needed to establish a new middle ground that would bridge private and public spaces," said KiBiSi partner and creative director Jens Martin Skibsted. See all our stories about projects by KiBiSi.
KiBiSi is an industrial design firm founded by Lars Larsen, Bjarke Ingels Group and Jens Martin Skibsted.
See more news and products from Milan 2013.
- Moving petals express "fragility of life…" in Interconnection by Nao Tamura
- Eco Warrior by Rezon
- Bram Vanderbeke creates furniture based …on steel reinforcing bars
- Magnetic Bike Lights by Copenhagen Parts
- Nigel Stanford makes sound visible for C…ymatics music video
- Zuiderzee Settings by Kiki van Eijk
- Beasties, Zaha and BarberOsgerby for 20l…td
- Dezeen relaunches
- Photos from augmented reality watch stor…e at Hackney House Austin now online
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories