Milan 2013: this office chair by Copenhagen design firm KiBiSi is mounted on a Y-shaped stem, allowing the seat of the chair to rock back and forth as well as rotating left and right.
The Scoop Chair has a gyroscope-like suspension system intended to create the feeling of moving freely in the air.
The chairs have upholstered cast-foam seats in a range of different fabrics and will be available in a colour scheme inspired by ice cream shades. Frames will be polished aluminium or powder-coated in black and white.
"We wanted to stay clear of a home decorative cutesy product and contract business polish. We needed to establish a new middle ground that would bridge private and public spaces," said KiBiSi partner and creative director Jens Martin Skibsted. See all our stories about projects by KiBiSi.
KiBiSi is an industrial design firm founded by Lars Larsen, Bjarke Ingels Group and Jens Martin Skibsted.
See more news and products from Milan 2013.
- Jenny Nordberg produces hand-made furn…iture pieces in less than five minutes
- Array auditorium seats by Zaha Hadid f…or Poltrona Frau Contract
- Yves Behar's thermostat for British Ga…s aimed at "everyone from your grandma to your auntie"
- Nick Cobby explores the human mind in …music video for Max Cooper and Tom Hodge
- Another Chair by Mathias Hahn for Anot…her Country
- Interview: Tokujin Yoshioka at Design …Miami
- Marc Newson's first eyewear collection… to debut in Milan
- Tropism: Commonwealth vs. Joshua Davis
- Atlantis by Gayle Chong Kwan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories