Milan 2013: this office chair by Copenhagen design firm KiBiSi is mounted on a Y-shaped stem, allowing the seat of the chair to rock back and forth as well as rotating left and right.
The Scoop Chair has a gyroscope-like suspension system intended to create the feeling of moving freely in the air.
The chairs have upholstered cast-foam seats in a range of different fabrics and will be available in a colour scheme inspired by ice cream shades. Frames will be polished aluminium or powder-coated in black and white.
"We wanted to stay clear of a home decorative cutesy product and contract business polish. We needed to establish a new middle ground that would bridge private and public spaces," said KiBiSi partner and creative director Jens Martin Skibsted. See all our stories about projects by KiBiSi.
KiBiSi is an industrial design firm founded by Lars Larsen, Bjarke Ingels Group and Jens Martin Skibsted.
See more news and products from Milan 2013.
- Normal shows hip-flask mobile design
- Air Multiplier by Dyson
- SO-IL wraps white plastic around New Yor…k's Storefront gallery
- The Other Volcano by Nelly Ben Hayoun
- Lix 3D-printing pen allows users to crea…te solid drawings in the air
- JamesPlumb "marries" antique cupboard an…d staircase for Milan exhibition
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: Mercury …by Ziiiro reduced by 20%
- Minimalist Effect in the Maximalist Mark…et by Antrepo
- Ineke Hans for Cappellini
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories