Milan 2013: this office chair by Copenhagen design firm KiBiSi is mounted on a Y-shaped stem, allowing the seat of the chair to rock back and forth as well as rotating left and right.
The Scoop Chair has a gyroscope-like suspension system intended to create the feeling of moving freely in the air.
The chairs have upholstered cast-foam seats in a range of different fabrics and will be available in a colour scheme inspired by ice cream shades. Frames will be polished aluminium or powder-coated in black and white.
"We wanted to stay clear of a home decorative cutesy product and contract business polish. We needed to establish a new middle ground that would bridge private and public spaces," said KiBiSi partner and creative director Jens Martin Skibsted. See all our stories about projects by KiBiSi.
KiBiSi is an industrial design firm founded by Lars Larsen, Bjarke Ingels Group and Jens Martin Skibsted.
See more news and products from Milan 2013.
- Nendo extends Peg furniture collection f…or Cappellini
- Marble Lights by Studio Vit
- Snag by Patrick Frey and Markus Boge
- Chocolate pencils by Nendo
- Izabela Bołoz designs two-legged bench …to lean against walls
- "Digital technology will continue to dis…appear"
- Swing Sofa by Studio Aisslinger for Vitr…a
- NetJets 7X fleet by Norman Foster
- Daniela Sherer animates "twist on a West…ern" for Tom Rosenthal music video
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories