Milan 2013: this office chair by Copenhagen design firm KiBiSi is mounted on a Y-shaped stem, allowing the seat of the chair to rock back and forth as well as rotating left and right.
The Scoop Chair has a gyroscope-like suspension system intended to create the feeling of moving freely in the air.
The chairs have upholstered cast-foam seats in a range of different fabrics and will be available in a colour scheme inspired by ice cream shades. Frames will be polished aluminium or powder-coated in black and white.
"We wanted to stay clear of a home decorative cutesy product and contract business polish. We needed to establish a new middle ground that would bridge private and public spaces," said KiBiSi partner and creative director Jens Martin Skibsted. See all our stories about projects by KiBiSi.
KiBiSi is an industrial design firm founded by Lars Larsen, Bjarke Ingels Group and Jens Martin Skibsted.
See more news and products from Milan 2013.
- Hella Jongerius: "Why make new stuff eve…ry year? I'm happy to work on the classics"
- Sugar dance by Linda Florence
- FIVE Olive Oil bottles and packaging by …World Excellent Products
- Apps by Richard Hutten for Artifort
- Milk Brother by Po-Chih Lai at Show RCA …2012
- E8 table by Mathias Hahn
- Web Chair by Junio Design
- Textasiða by Snæfríð Thorsteinsand H…ildigunnur Gunnarsdottir
- Peapod electric car by Chrysler
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories