Milan 2013: this office chair by Copenhagen design firm KiBiSi is mounted on a Y-shaped stem, allowing the seat of the chair to rock back and forth as well as rotating left and right.
The Scoop Chair has a gyroscope-like suspension system intended to create the feeling of moving freely in the air.
The chairs have upholstered cast-foam seats in a range of different fabrics and will be available in a colour scheme inspired by ice cream shades. Frames will be polished aluminium or powder-coated in black and white.
"We wanted to stay clear of a home decorative cutesy product and contract business polish. We needed to establish a new middle ground that would bridge private and public spaces," said KiBiSi partner and creative director Jens Martin Skibsted. See all our stories about projects by KiBiSi.
KiBiSi is an industrial design firm founded by Lars Larsen, Bjarke Ingels Group and Jens Martin Skibsted.
See more news and products from Milan 2013.
- Snøhetta designs new visual identity fo…r Norway's national parks
- Movie: Thomas Heatherwick on his studio'…s Christmas cards
- Steel frames are bolted together to form… Flexible Order modular furniture system
- Tap Top by Neil Barron
- "Young designers have no grasp of design… history"
- Glass rings stack to form Pi-no Pi-no va…ses by Maija Puoskari
- Impasto by Nikolaj Steenfatt
- Copy and Authorship by Lucas Verweij
- Tokujin Yoshioka distorts hexagonal form…s to create stools for Issey Miyake stores
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories