Milan 2013: an exhibition of new products for Dutch brand Moooi, including lamps shaped like upturned buckets and bathtubs by Studio Job, opens in Milan's Tortona district tomorrow (+ slideshow).
Above: Bell Lamp Medium by Marcel Wanders
Moooi's co-founder Marcel Wanders has created a number of pieces for the Unexpected Welcome collection, such as bell-shaped lights topped with ceramic bows, lamps with stands that look like chunky balusters and sofas scattered with plump white pillows designed to look like clouds.
Above: Labyrinth Chair Grey by Studio Job
Armchairs patterned with maze-like geometries and a cabinet with patchwork surfaces are among the items by Belgian artists Studio Job.
Above: Common Comrades Scholar by Neri&Hu
Above: Bucket Lamp by Studio Job
Last week Moooi revealed a selection of initial sketches and concept drawings by the designers who contributed to the collection.
Above: Construction Lamp by Joost van Bleiswijk
The products will be on display from tomorrow at Via Savona 56 in the Tortona district of Milan, close to where Dezeen has set up a studio in a car wash at the MINI Paceman Garage as part of our Dezeen and MINI World Tour.
Above: Juuyo Peach Flowers by Lorenza Bozzoli
- Maarten Baas and Bertjan Pot team up f…or funfair-influenced lighting collection
- In the Sky by Case-Real for E&Y
- Time Elapsed by Philippe Malouin and L…obmeyr
- Lina Patsiou's leather Sunclocks get t…anned in the solarium
- Dezeen's top ten: bookcases
- Silje Nesdal launches furniture collec…tion for compact living
- Honey bees can be trained to detect ca…ncer "in ten minutes" says designer
- ÉCAL students take over Apartment N°…50 at Le Corbusier's Cité Radieuse
- Anny Wang uses contrasting materials i…n Akin Collection of furniture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories