Milan 2013: an exhibition of new products for Dutch brand Moooi, including lamps shaped like upturned buckets and bathtubs by Studio Job, opens in Milan's Tortona district tomorrow (+ slideshow).
Above: Bell Lamp Medium by Marcel Wanders
Moooi's co-founder Marcel Wanders has created a number of pieces for the Unexpected Welcome collection, such as bell-shaped lights topped with ceramic bows, lamps with stands that look like chunky balusters and sofas scattered with plump white pillows designed to look like clouds.
Above: Labyrinth Chair Grey by Studio Job
Armchairs patterned with maze-like geometries and a cabinet with patchwork surfaces are among the items by Belgian artists Studio Job.
Above: Common Comrades Scholar by Neri&Hu
Above: Bucket Lamp by Studio Job
Last week Moooi revealed a selection of initial sketches and concept drawings by the designers who contributed to the collection.
Above: Construction Lamp by Joost van Bleiswijk
The products will be on display from tomorrow at Via Savona 56 in the Tortona district of Milan, close to where Dezeen has set up a studio in a car wash at the MINI Paceman Garage as part of our Dezeen and MINI World Tour.
Above: Juuyo Peach Flowers by Lorenza Bozzoli
- "I'm sure we had the most expensive exhi…bition at Milan this year" - Marcel Wanders
- From Fable to Table by Amelie Onzon
- Tom Dixon to launch metal home and offic…e accessories in Paris
- Clock Delay by StudioBloomm
- Made in Italy: the Influence of Italian …Design
- Bench2 by Jo Nagasaka + Schemata Archite…cture Office
- Itisy table by Philippine Lemaire for Li…gne Roset
- Sushi by Edward van Vliet
- Pretty in Prison mirror by The Practice …of Everyday Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories