Milan 2013: an exhibition of new products for Dutch brand Moooi, including lamps shaped like upturned buckets and bathtubs by Studio Job, opens in Milan's Tortona district tomorrow (+ slideshow).
Above: Bell Lamp Medium by Marcel Wanders
Moooi's co-founder Marcel Wanders has created a number of pieces for the Unexpected Welcome collection, such as bell-shaped lights topped with ceramic bows, lamps with stands that look like chunky balusters and sofas scattered with plump white pillows designed to look like clouds.
Above: Labyrinth Chair Grey by Studio Job
Armchairs patterned with maze-like geometries and a cabinet with patchwork surfaces are among the items by Belgian artists Studio Job.
Above: Common Comrades Scholar by Neri&Hu
Above: Bucket Lamp by Studio Job
Last week Moooi revealed a selection of initial sketches and concept drawings by the designers who contributed to the collection.
Above: Construction Lamp by Joost van Bleiswijk
The products will be on display from tomorrow at Via Savona 56 in the Tortona district of Milan, close to where Dezeen has set up a studio in a car wash at the MINI Paceman Garage as part of our Dezeen and MINI World Tour.
Above: Juuyo Peach Flowers by Lorenza Bozzoli
- Borselius attempts to perfect traditiona…l street lighting with Halo
- IRIS by BarberOsgerby
- Siren MP3 player by PearsonLloyd
- Offcut and Slab stools by Tom Dixon
- Chassis by Stefan Diez for Wilkhahn
- Polo Ralph Lauren debuts SS15 collection… in holographic fashion show
- WWIII by Atelier Van Lieshout for Lensve…lt
- 100% Inspiration: Jamie Anley
- Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has To Travel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories