Milan 2013: Dutch designer Bertjan Pot has created lightweight chairs for furniture brand Arco that have wooden seats with edges curved tightly over the aluminium frames.
The ultra-thin veneers allow the seat to fold closely around the frame in all directions.
Available in beech or oak, the chairs come with legs in a variety of colours.
Buzz forms part of a range called Table Manners that features tables, chairs, cabinets and other small pieces of furniture, all of which were presented at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan last month.
We previously featured a chair wrapped in a jumper by Bertjan Pot and also the Lazy Bastard chair filled with polystyrene balls like a beanbag.
Last year in Milan Arco presented a shelf by Raw Edges where the front slides down to create a desk.
- Hall Stand by Nick Fraser
- New work from Stuart Haygarth
- SCP at Maison & Objet
- Variations by Stephen Burks for Calligar…is
- The Rock Paper Scissors Playing Glove by… Steve Hoefer
- Energy Bucket by Stefano Merlo
- Monza by Konstantin Grcic for Plank
- Plastic Garbage Guarding the Museum by L…uzinterruptus
- Z.BOX by Zaha Hadid
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories