Milan 2013: Dutch designer Bertjan Pot has created lightweight chairs for furniture brand Arco that have wooden seats with edges curved tightly over the aluminium frames.
The ultra-thin veneers allow the seat to fold closely around the frame in all directions.
Available in beech or oak, the chairs come with legs in a variety of colours.
Buzz forms part of a range called Table Manners that features tables, chairs, cabinets and other small pieces of furniture, all of which were presented at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan last month.
We previously featured a chair wrapped in a jumper by Bertjan Pot and also the Lazy Bastard chair filled with polystyrene balls like a beanbag.
Last year in Milan Arco presented a shelf by Raw Edges where the front slides down to create a desk.
- L’arbre de Flonville by Oloom & Samu…el Wilkinson
- Mono-Light by OS & OOS twists and bend…s into different configurations
- Ron Arad's Spring furniture collection… "turned the direction of Moroso"
- Register now for free entry to Tent Lo…ndon
- Mini Capsule Hotel by Atelier Van Lies…hout
- Glowing indoor forest made from paper …by Orproject
- Deviazione and 3Dzionale by Guido Garo…tti
- Kvadrat's Divina fabric interpreted by… 22 contemporary designers
- Nexus by Yigit Ozer for Kutahya Serami…k
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories