Product news: this stocky, robust-looking chair by Polish designer Tomek Rygalik is called Dumbo after Disney's cartoon baby elephant.
Rounded steam-bent arms wrap around the backrest and seat to give additional structural support.
"Dumbo is strong and resilient but not to be taken too seriously," says Rygalik. "It is an armchair with a friendly expression and strong personality."
We've previously featured a series of furniture by Rygalik with bases that resemble bathtubs.
- Entailles by Philippe Nigro for Ligne Ro…set
- Zigzag by ISSSStudio and deSc
- HM4 Thunderbolt by Maximilian Büsser
- Digital camera concept by Jared Mankelow
- Philippe Malouin experiments with Caesar…stone to create collection of planters
- Milk Brother by Po-Chih Lai at Show RCA …2012
- Champions by Konstantin Grcic at Galleri…e Kreo
- Design Indaba videos: 5.5 designers
- KSEVT Hotel allows guests to sleep as if… they were in space
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories