Product news: this stocky, robust-looking chair by Polish designer Tomek Rygalik is called Dumbo after Disney's cartoon baby elephant.
Rounded steam-bent arms wrap around the backrest and seat to give additional structural support.
"Dumbo is strong and resilient but not to be taken too seriously," says Rygalik. "It is an armchair with a friendly expression and strong personality."
We've previously featured a series of furniture by Rygalik with bases that resemble bathtubs.
- Invitation: Dezeen Watch Store autumn ev…ent 7 November
- Trash Me lamps by Victor Vetterlein
- Made in Ratio uses CNC cutting to create… an A-shaped chair
- TransPlastic by Campana Brothers 2
- Vita interactive by Massimo Mariani
- Marc Fornes creates pink "envelope of ex…periential tension" for Situation Room installation
- Menu's homeware collection avoids "anyth…ing crazy coloured or hyper trendy"
- Bioluminescent lamp by ￼Teresa van Don…gen glows blue with octopus bacteria
- Patricia Urquiola's Luna cabinet conceal…s items behind pivoting doors
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories