Product news: this stocky, robust-looking chair by Polish designer Tomek Rygalik is called Dumbo after Disney's cartoon baby elephant.
Rounded steam-bent arms wrap around the backrest and seat to give additional structural support.
"Dumbo is strong and resilient but not to be taken too seriously," says Rygalik. "It is an armchair with a friendly expression and strong personality."
We've previously featured a series of furniture by Rygalik with bases that resemble bathtubs.
- Wooden Mesh by Diego Vencato
- "Do we really want people at home printi…ng rubbish?" - Dominic Wilcox at Dezeen Live
- Wonder Wall at Selfridges
- Unpølished by Dik Scheepers
- Nendo collection by Nendo for Bisazza Ba…gno
- Departed Glory by Wieki Somers
- Sensorial Brushes by Najla El Zein Works…pace are designed to stimulate the skin
- Nomadic Furniture by Jorge Penadés
- Opera by Axel Enthoven
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories