Product news: this stocky, robust-looking chair by Polish designer Tomek Rygalik is called Dumbo after Disney's cartoon baby elephant.
Rounded steam-bent arms wrap around the backrest and seat to give additional structural support.
"Dumbo is strong and resilient but not to be taken too seriously," says Rygalik. "It is an armchair with a friendly expression and strong personality."
We've previously featured a series of furniture by Rygalik with bases that resemble bathtubs.
- Coop Himmelb(l)au's Jammer Coat hides th…e wearer from Google
- Air Heads by Héctor Serrano
- Scallop table by Samuel Wilkinson for Ve…rsus
- Maarten Baas at Carpenters Workshop Gall…ery movie
- Drawer Kitchen by Gitta Gschwendtner
- Saving/Space/Vase by Joe Velluto
- Cordula by Stephanie Jasny
- Lace Fence by Demakersvan
- Solids of Revolution by Max Lamb
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories