Product news: this stocky, robust-looking chair by Polish designer Tomek Rygalik is called Dumbo after Disney's cartoon baby elephant.
Rounded steam-bent arms wrap around the backrest and seat to give additional structural support.
"Dumbo is strong and resilient but not to be taken too seriously," says Rygalik. "It is an armchair with a friendly expression and strong personality."
We've previously featured a series of furniture by Rygalik with bases that resemble bathtubs.
- Arctic Collection by Jens Praet and Vibe…ke Skar
- Luminosity by Tom Dixon at MOST
- Trash Luxe at Liberty movie
- Star System by Enrico Buscemi and Piergi…orgio Leone
- Nubilo sofa by Constance Guisset for Pet…ite Friture offers pebble-shaped cushions for comfort
- New S14-1 Collection by Nixon is now ava…ilable at Dezeen Watch Store
- Borderline by A+A cooren
- Well of Life by Arik Levy
- Odd, Symbio and Bold by Jonas Wagell
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories