Product news: this stocky, robust-looking chair by Polish designer Tomek Rygalik is called Dumbo after Disney's cartoon baby elephant.
Rounded steam-bent arms wrap around the backrest and seat to give additional structural support.
"Dumbo is strong and resilient but not to be taken too seriously," says Rygalik. "It is an armchair with a friendly expression and strong personality."
We've previously featured a series of furniture by Rygalik with bases that resemble bathtubs.
- Objets Nomades for Louis Vuitton
- From a Lost City by Christian Vivanco
- New London design show announced
- Designing 400 projects at a time "rela…xes me" says Nendo's Oki Sato
- Join by Ding3000
- Ambar by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partne…rs and Reggiani
- Live from the Design Museum
- "It was Ron Arad's first experience of… industrial design"
- Childhood Memories by Studioroom906
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories