News: Saint Laurent has opened the doors to its new flagship store in Paris, the first to be designed by Hedi Slimane since he became creative director of the fashion house last year.
Located on Avenue Montaigne near the Champs-Élysées, the art deco-inspired Saint Laurent store features a marble staircase encased by rods of nickel-plated brass.
Black and white marble has been used for the walls, floors and a row of shelves, above which hang nickel-plated bars for displaying clothes.
The monochrome interior is reflected in the black and white photographs accompanying the opening of the store.
Formerly known as Yves Saint Laurent, after its founder, the fashion house's name was changed soon after Slimane took over as creative director last spring.
Saint Laurent's Sloane Street concept store in London is set to open in the autumn.
Other fashion boutiques we've featured lately include a shop in Warsaw with an upside-down living room on its ceiling and a Milan boutique featuring glass silhouettes of male and female figures – see all shops on Dezeen.
- Space-saving modular studio for an art…ist by Raanan Stern
- Dandelion-inspired columns create curv…ed arches inside Beijing toy shop by Penda
- OMA's temporary auditorium at Selfridg…es features mirrored walls and an Op Art floor
- Flamingo Shanghai offices by Neri&Hu f…eature raw concrete and angular meeting rooms
- Apartment refurbishment in Gràcia by …Vora Arquitectura
- ON Headquarters with a pool of oil in …the lobby by LSA Arquitectos and BLANCASMORAN
- Volcanic Slab D2C flagship store by 3G…atti Architecture Studio
- Works on paper by Zaha Hadid
- Berlin apartment by NOWlab features a …spiral staircase and a fireman's pole
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories