Clerkenwell Design Week 2013: twenty-six cable ties make up this pendant lamp that London studio Vitamin is exhibiting at Clerkenwell Design Week.
The black and orange industrial ties are locked into place by a turned wood and spun metal component at the top and a steel cog at the bottom. The different diameters of these elements cause the ties to curve outward towards the base.
The lamp is currently on show at Clerkenwell Design Week, which concludes tomorrow, and will be available to purchase in two sizes later this year.
Vitamin has also designed mix-and-match vessels built up from assorted materials and ceramic urban gnomes that we've featured.
- Brooke Roberts turns brain scans into …knitwear patterns
- Swarovski Ginza store by Tokujin Yoshi…oka 2
- Aluminium bowls by Fort Standard stand… on fin-like legs
- Pieke Bergmans for Al Sabah Art & Desi…gn Collection
- New work by Studiomold
- Bearina by Ronen Kadushin
- Blood pack of Santa Claus by Kiseung L…ee
- Superheroes by Glimpt
- A Tailor's Ritual by chmara.rosinke fo…r Wäscheflott
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories