Clerkenwell Design Week 2013: twenty-six cable ties make up this pendant lamp that London studio Vitamin is exhibiting at Clerkenwell Design Week.
The black and orange industrial ties are locked into place by a turned wood and spun metal component at the top and a steel cog at the bottom. The different diameters of these elements cause the ties to curve outward towards the base.
The lamp is currently on show at Clerkenwell Design Week, which concludes tomorrow, and will be available to purchase in two sizes later this year.
Vitamin has also designed mix-and-match vessels built up from assorted materials and ceramic urban gnomes that we've featured.
- Inaugural collection by RVW
- Movie: Thomas Heatherwick on his studio'…s Christmas cards
- Ruhrsteine by Formfjord
- Nomad table by Jorre van Ast
- Ascentium apparatus splits perfume into …different notes
- Helena Westerlind at The Temporium
- Kawamura Ganjavian designs Kangaroo Ligh…t for the bottom of your bag
- Maxim Velcovsky ceramics at Mint
- Beigefoldedshoe by Marloes ten Bhömer
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories