Clerkenwell Design Week 2013: twenty-six cable ties make up this pendant lamp that London studio Vitamin is exhibiting at Clerkenwell Design Week.
The black and orange industrial ties are locked into place by a turned wood and spun metal component at the top and a steel cog at the bottom. The different diameters of these elements cause the ties to curve outward towards the base.
The lamp is currently on show at Clerkenwell Design Week, which concludes tomorrow, and will be available to purchase in two sizes later this year.
Vitamin has also designed mix-and-match vessels built up from assorted materials and ceramic urban gnomes that we've featured.
- Chop by LucidiPevere Studio for Normann …Copenhagen
- L.O.F.T by Maciek Wojcicki
- L22 chair by Pilot///Wave
- New S14-1 Collection by Nixon is now ava…ilable at Dezeen Watch Store
- Crater by Zaha Hadid
- Bionic Runner combines cycling and joggi…ng for "injury-free" running
- The Wool Parade by Doshi Levien for Kvad…rat
- BCXSY creates linear clock for Designers…' Days
- Höweler + Yoon Architecture installs a …glow-in-the-dark swing set in Boston
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories