Clerkenwell Design Week 2013: twenty-six cable ties make up this pendant lamp that London studio Vitamin is exhibiting at Clerkenwell Design Week.
The black and orange industrial ties are locked into place by a turned wood and spun metal component at the top and a steel cog at the bottom. The different diameters of these elements cause the ties to curve outward towards the base.
The lamp is currently on show at Clerkenwell Design Week, which concludes tomorrow, and will be available to purchase in two sizes later this year.
Vitamin has also designed mix-and-match vessels built up from assorted materials and ceramic urban gnomes that we've featured.
- Designed in Hackney: Little Printerby BE…RG
- Halfbike by Kolelinia lets riders stand …up while pedalling
- Miyako Andon at 100% Design Tokyo
- Concrete Buckle by Sruli Recht
- Heroes of the Invisible by FAT
- "We have created a new type of water" - …Philippe Starck
- GTF unveil neon installation
- Hydraulic mechanisms tilt singers at Mon…cler Autumn Winter 2014 presentation
- Log sofa by Patricia Urquiola for Artela…no
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories