Industrial designers Adrienne McNicholas and Michelle Ivankovic have launched a range of silicone caps designed to preserve leftover fruit and vegetables (+ slideshow).
Named Food Huggers, the brightly coloured caps slip over half-eaten tomatos, lemons, apples or kiwi fruit to form a seal with the cut side, keeping the natural juice in so the food stays fresh for longer.
The upper edges wrap around the produce to keep the caps in place and the four different sizes overlap slightly to there's a good fit for any item.
There's also an Avocado Hugger with a bobble that fits over the stone if it's protruding or presses inwards if the stone has been removed.
The soft caps nest neatly inside each other for storage and come in four different colour palettes.
The products are available through Kickstarter until Friday 13 July.
- Vitra Edition 2007
- Dezeen Watch Store: Vigorelli by Matteo …Ragni for Lorenz
- Transparent Collection by Nendo
- Simplissimo by Jean Nouvel for Ligne Ros…et
- Issey Miyake's focus is "being innovativ…e with technology" says head of womenswear
- Stefan Borselius develops Tondo chair in…to sofa system for Fogia
- Witches' Kitchen by Studio Tord Boontje
- New Pinterest board: watches
- Architecting the Future at Miami Design …District
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories