"I am 100% sure that we are by far the most expensive exhibition in this Milano fair," Wanders says in the movie. "We might hopefully be the most impressive one."
"For Moooi, this is the right moment to do something," he continues. "This year we felt we were really ready to do more development."
"We wanted to show that besides making iconic objects, we are ready to do spaces, to make things work together. To not only make objects, but homes."
Wanders believes that the quickly developing economies in the east provide a new set of challenges and opportunities for companies like Moooi.
"The west has been educated in its own kind of rational way for a hundred years," he says. "We arrive now to clients all over the world. These people don't have this dogmatic education. You're not going to sell them a grey sofa because you tell them it's a great grey sofa."
Wanders continues: "You have to give real value, give them something that they think is really vital to them, something valuable to them, something they really want to have in their hearts. And I think it's a great opportunity for design."
- Unintended Functions by Nick Allman
- Hall 11 at IMM Cologne by UNStudio
- The Espresso Lamp by Fly-Pitcher
- IE-tag by Naruse Inokuma Architects
- Dezeen Watch Store: Vigorelli by Matteo …Ragni for Lorenz
- Art commissions at Heathrow Terminal Fiv…e
- Dezeen's London Design Festival map
- Swiss watch based on Helvetica typeface …arrives at Dezeen Watch Store
- Walking City dresses by Ying Gao
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories