"I am 100% sure that we are by far the most expensive exhibition in this Milano fair," Wanders says in the movie. "We might hopefully be the most impressive one."
"For Moooi, this is the right moment to do something," he continues. "This year we felt we were really ready to do more development."
"We wanted to show that besides making iconic objects, we are ready to do spaces, to make things work together. To not only make objects, but homes."
Wanders believes that the quickly developing economies in the east provide a new set of challenges and opportunities for companies like Moooi.
"The west has been educated in its own kind of rational way for a hundred years," he says. "We arrive now to clients all over the world. These people don't have this dogmatic education. You're not going to sell them a grey sofa because you tell them it's a great grey sofa."
Wanders continues: "You have to give real value, give them something that they think is really vital to them, something valuable to them, something they really want to have in their hearts. And I think it's a great opportunity for design."
- Garment by Benjamin Hubert for Cappellin…i
- Per Finne's Umami Santoku knife combines… Norwegian and Japanese design
- Beams Chair by Eric and Johnny Design St…udio
- Tweety table lamp by Giorgio Bonaguro
- Out of the Woods at the V&A museum
- REC & PLAY by Yuri Suzuki and Oscar Diaz
- Elephant Lounge Chair by Mediodesign
- Neo Collection by Made.com
- Cardboard Bicycle by Izhar Gafni
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories