"I am 100% sure that we are by far the most expensive exhibition in this Milano fair," Wanders says in the movie. "We might hopefully be the most impressive one."
"For Moooi, this is the right moment to do something," he continues. "This year we felt we were really ready to do more development."
"We wanted to show that besides making iconic objects, we are ready to do spaces, to make things work together. To not only make objects, but homes."
Wanders believes that the quickly developing economies in the east provide a new set of challenges and opportunities for companies like Moooi.
"The west has been educated in its own kind of rational way for a hundred years," he says. "We arrive now to clients all over the world. These people don't have this dogmatic education. You're not going to sell them a grey sofa because you tell them it's a great grey sofa."
Wanders continues: "You have to give real value, give them something that they think is really vital to them, something valuable to them, something they really want to have in their hearts. And I think it's a great opportunity for design."
- Stuart Shave Modern Art gallery by David… Kohn Architects
- Kazadokei by Nendo
- Dreamball by Unplug Design
- Lightfacet by Bloomming
- Droog adapts Rijksmuseum collection for …Milan exhibition
- Color Box by Henriette W. Leth for Norma…nn Copenhagen
- Analogia #001 by Andrea Mancuso and Emil…ia Serra
- Angell, Wyller & Aarseth's Saddle Chair …features pockets in each arm
- Richard Sapper's espresso maker is an "h…omage to my grandfather" says Alberto Alessi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories