"I am 100% sure that we are by far the most expensive exhibition in this Milano fair," Wanders says in the movie. "We might hopefully be the most impressive one."
"For Moooi, this is the right moment to do something," he continues. "This year we felt we were really ready to do more development."
"We wanted to show that besides making iconic objects, we are ready to do spaces, to make things work together. To not only make objects, but homes."
Wanders believes that the quickly developing economies in the east provide a new set of challenges and opportunities for companies like Moooi.
"The west has been educated in its own kind of rational way for a hundred years," he says. "We arrive now to clients all over the world. These people don't have this dogmatic education. You're not going to sell them a grey sofa because you tell them it's a great grey sofa."
Wanders continues: "You have to give real value, give them something that they think is really vital to them, something valuable to them, something they really want to have in their hearts. And I think it's a great opportunity for design."
- Losing Your Marbles by Charlotte Moneype…nny
- Ma.Mo. by Sunya Studio
- Dezeen Watch Store pop-up shop at Clerke…nwell Design Week
- The Alchemist's Dressing Table by Lauren… Davies
- 6x3 Burr Puzzle Table by Petar Zaharinov
- Cryptographer & Encoded Textiles by Raw …Color
- Freedom of Creation at 100% Design
- Hanger Chair by Philippe Malouin
- Cityscape by Arne Quinze
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories