Product news: Northumbria University graduate Josie Morris has created a range of copper-spun pendant lamps with chunky handles.
Product and furniture designer Josie Morris created the Handle Pendants in two different sizes; one is tall and narrow, and the other has a wide tapered body.
Small handles in either grey Corian or walnut are fixed to the top of the metal shades. "Scale and the common detail of the handle were used to create a family of minimalistic pendants," Morris told Dezeen.
Morris' Handle Pendant lamp shades were awarded the Foundry Associate prize at this years New Designers showcase and the designer was also shortlisted for the Design Council's Future Pioneers Award. Morris is currently undertaking an internship at product and furniture firm Innermost.
Handle Pendants are currently in production and will be launched in January 2014, in collaboration with UK furniture and product retailer Authentics.
Other lights featured on Dezeen recently include a low-energy pendant lamp by Copenhagen design firm KiBiSi that is shaped like an enlarged classic light bulb, pendant lamps with raised collars that direct light to the ceiling and floor and chandeliers with glowing blobs of glass that dangle from aluminium rods.
Photography courtesy of Josie Morris.
- Preserves by Mathias Hahn
- St Peter Squeezer by Studio Giulio Iacch…etti
- Paola Antonelli at Design Academy Eindho…ven's My Way talks
- Santos chair by Joel Escalona
- Pixel Mould by Julian Bond
- Penny Webb's homeware changes colour in …response to breath, touch or movement
- Snarkitecture's Architectural Camouflage… garments feature subway tiles and marble
- Andrée Putman for Gaia&Gino
- Claesson Koivisto Rune's Gate sofa provi…des public charging points
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories