Product news: Northumbria University graduate Josie Morris has created a range of copper-spun pendant lamps with chunky handles.
Product and furniture designer Josie Morris created the Handle Pendants in two different sizes; one is tall and narrow, and the other has a wide tapered body.
Small handles in either grey Corian or walnut are fixed to the top of the metal shades. "Scale and the common detail of the handle were used to create a family of minimalistic pendants," Morris told Dezeen.
Morris' Handle Pendant lamp shades were awarded the Foundry Associate prize at this years New Designers showcase and the designer was also shortlisted for the Design Council's Future Pioneers Award. Morris is currently undertaking an internship at product and furniture firm Innermost.
Handle Pendants are currently in production and will be launched in January 2014, in collaboration with UK furniture and product retailer Authentics.
Other lights featured on Dezeen recently include a low-energy pendant lamp by Copenhagen design firm KiBiSi that is shaped like an enlarged classic light bulb, pendant lamps with raised collars that direct light to the ceiling and floor and chandeliers with glowing blobs of glass that dangle from aluminium rods.
Photography courtesy of Josie Morris.
- Moon Fragment by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Record by Achille Castiglioni for Alessi… in new colours at Dezeen Watch Store
- Mirror, Mirror by Jason Bruges Studio
- Dezeen podcast: Javier Mariscal at the D…esign Museum
- Hexad by Tomoko Azumi
- Waver by Konstantin Grcic for Vitra
- Net tables by Benjamin Hubert for Moroso
- Hövding by Anna Haupt and Terese Alsti…n
- Established & Sons and Venini
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories