Product news: these lamps by Joost van Bleiswijk with stands that looks to be built from a child's construction toy will be launched by Dutch design brand Moooi this week.
The four-sided stand tapers upward towards the light source like a telegraph pylon.
Each round joint is exaggerated, fixed with large prominent screws.
All elements are the same tone on the black version, except the screws and the inside of the cylindrical shade that are both coloured gold.
On the white model, the corner legs match the shade while wood is used for the horizontal and diagonal bracing.
Three sizes are available. Two are floor lamps, while a third is small enough to also be raised on a table.
Dezeen spoke to Moooi art director Marcel Wanders in Milan, where he guessed that their exhibition was the most expensive in the city this time around.
The lamp is now being officially launched ahead of the London Design Festival, where is will be presented in Moooi's west London showroom.
- Dandilight by Benjamin Hubert
- Deimatic Clothing mimics animal defence …mechanisms to get women cycling
- Cross by Karim Rashid for Freedom of Cre…ation
- FID celebrates native Italian material w…ith Terracotta Everyday collection
- Clock Delay by StudioBloomm
- Bounce stools by Véronique Baer spring …back into shape
- Overlapping "petals" surround Mario Ales…siani's Bloemi lamp
- Wooden poles randomly strike the ground …at Zimoun's installation in New York
- Textasiða by Snæfríð Thorsteinsand H…ildigunnur Gunnarsdottir
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories