Set to open later this month, the design features a single-storey reinforced concrete exterior and a timber interior.
Steel reinforcements were used to form the building's outer shell, along with thick insulation moulded by hand to fit the shape of the building.
Activity and meeting rooms are primarily located on the ground floor, with a small mezzanine office space above.
The care centre is set apart form the hospital by a small landscaped area.
"In a world of architectural commercialism, it has been the most meaningful task to seek employment with spaces, materials and landscapes in the service of psychological and emotional healing processes," said Snøhetta's Kjetil Thorsen.
The Maggie's foundation was founded seventeen years ago to provide emotional and practical support to anyone affected by cancer. There are a number of centres throughout the UK and one international centre in Hong Kong.
We published the plans for this building when they were originally released. Read the story here.
Other Maggie's Centres we've recently featured include a series of pavilions and rooms overlooking a pond and gardens in Hong Kong, a cylindrical building with a bamboo interior and coloured glass windows in London and a concrete spiral-shaped building in south east Wales.
Photography is by Philip Vile.
- House in Rokko by Tato Architects
- 3013 Installation at the Architectural A…ssociation
- Jewish Community Centre Mainz by Manuel …Herz Architects
- MON Factory/House by EASTERN Design Offi…ce
- Datong Art Museum by Foster + Partners
- Raised outdoor cabins connected to Goodw…ood Residence apartments by WOHA
- Balancing Barn by MVRDV and Mole Archite…cts
- Panteón Nube by Clavel Arquitectos
- Apartment in Barcelona by Arquitectura-G
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories