The blade-like legs and top were machined from solid pieces of aluminium by Californian company Neal Feay Studio. The unique piece is inscribed: "Designed by Jony Ive & Marc Newson for (RED) 2013 edition 01/01".
Yesterday we published a Leica camera designed by the pair, which joins a range of other objects to be auctioned for Bono's (RED) charity including a pair of solid rose gold Apple EarPods.
The auction will take place at Sotheby's auction house in New York on 23 November and the proceeds will go towards helping to fight malaria, tuberculosis and AIDS.
We recently featured a bed by Marc Newson that's surrounded by squishy bumpers.
- Merel Witteman's Aversive Aesthetics pho…tos are designed to trigger disgust
- SIRE glasses by Aekae
- Moooi's Milan 2015 exhibition is capture…d in a 360-degree virtual showroom
- Folly by Ron Arad for Magis
- Flooded London by Squint/Opera
- Poetic License at Moss
- Stefan Borselius designs minimal chairs …for Fogia
- Torafu Architects unveils Cobrina wooden… furniture collection
- Lancaster by Michael Young for Emeco
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories