The blade-like legs and top were machined from solid pieces of aluminium by Californian company Neal Feay Studio. The unique piece is inscribed: "Designed by Jony Ive & Marc Newson for (RED) 2013 edition 01/01".
Yesterday we published a Leica camera designed by the pair, which joins a range of other objects to be auctioned for Bono's (RED) charity including a pair of solid rose gold Apple EarPods.
The auction will take place at Sotheby's auction house in New York on 23 November and the proceeds will go towards helping to fight malaria, tuberculosis and AIDS.
We recently featured a bed by Marc Newson that's surrounded by squishy bumpers.
- Clinker by Rich Brilliant Willing for In…nermost
- Designed in Hackney: chandeliers by Stua…rt Haygarth
- Pheasant Light by Ed Carpenter for Theo
- Charlotte Perriand: designer, photograph…er, activist at the Museum für Gestaltung Zürich
- Z Step by Michael Schoner at Depot Basel
- The light that thinks it's a candle: Hon…o by Metaphys
- e15 unveils wood and marble home accesso…ries collection
- Story lamp by Skar+Vidal
- Aunts and Uncles by Philippe Starck for …Kartell
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories