The blade-like legs and top were machined from solid pieces of aluminium by Californian company Neal Feay Studio. The unique piece is inscribed: "Designed by Jony Ive & Marc Newson for (RED) 2013 edition 01/01".
Yesterday we published a Leica camera designed by the pair, which joins a range of other objects to be auctioned for Bono's (RED) charity including a pair of solid rose gold Apple EarPods.
The auction will take place at Sotheby's auction house in New York on 23 November and the proceeds will go towards helping to fight malaria, tuberculosis and AIDS.
We recently featured a bed by Marc Newson that's surrounded by squishy bumpers.
- Foldboat by Max Frommeld and Arno Mathie…s
- Designer New Year cards
- Big Table by Alain Gilles for Bonaldo
- Gitta Gschwendtner at Wellcome Collectio…n 2
- Prop-er Benches by Oscar Medley-Whitfiel…d
- Corbeille by Amaury Poudray for Fabrica
- Coiled by BCXSY for Editions in Craft
- David Ericsson "revels in beech" to crea…te Madonna Chair for Gärsnäs
- "You can design anything and have it 3D-…printed"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories