The blade-like legs and top were machined from solid pieces of aluminium by Californian company Neal Feay Studio. The unique piece is inscribed: "Designed by Jony Ive & Marc Newson for (RED) 2013 edition 01/01".
Yesterday we published a Leica camera designed by the pair, which joins a range of other objects to be auctioned for Bono's (RED) charity including a pair of solid rose gold Apple EarPods.
The auction will take place at Sotheby's auction house in New York on 23 November and the proceeds will go towards helping to fight malaria, tuberculosis and AIDS.
We recently featured a bed by Marc Newson that's surrounded by squishy bumpers.
- Basic Series by StokkeAustad and Frost P…rodukt
- Foam dipped in rubber becomes seating by… Jo Nagasaka
- GIBS light made of bandages by Juyoung …Kim of Metafaux Design
- By a Thread by Dominic Wilcox
- Nendo bases wire Basket Lamp on Japanese… kitchenware
- Different glasses stack together in Ding…3000's La Famiglia set
- Furà Lamp by Studio06
- In a Room by Karen Ryan
- Istanbul Twilight by Siba Sahabi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories