The blade-like legs and top were machined from solid pieces of aluminium by Californian company Neal Feay Studio. The unique piece is inscribed: "Designed by Jony Ive & Marc Newson for (RED) 2013 edition 01/01".
Yesterday we published a Leica camera designed by the pair, which joins a range of other objects to be auctioned for Bono's (RED) charity including a pair of solid rose gold Apple EarPods.
The auction will take place at Sotheby's auction house in New York on 23 November and the proceeds will go towards helping to fight malaria, tuberculosis and AIDS.
We recently featured a bed by Marc Newson that's surrounded by squishy bumpers.
- Icelandic designer creates floatation ca…ps and armbands for bathing in geothermal water
- Chair shaped like the tail of a peacock …by UUfie
- Fuck You and the Horse You Rode in On by… Kelly McCallum
- Colonel launches collection based on nom…adic furniture at Maison&Objet
- ArcelorMittal Orbit by Anish Kapoor
- Rice-Design at 100% Design Tokyo
- Joyrider by Moritz Waldemeyer
- Aluminium bowls by Fort Standard stand o…n fin-like legs
- "Hal is very sophisticated. He's a coppe…r sweaty mannequin"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories