Product news: these flexible silicone connecters have been designed by Christina Kazakia to help children to lash sticks together when building dens.
Philadelphia designer Christina Kazakia's Stick-lets are silicone connecters that come in brightly coloured organic shapes.
The latest collection Fort Kit 2.0 comprises connecters with two to four holes, which vary in size to connect sticks of different girths.
The stretchy silicone is child safe and weather resistant.
"Stick-lets can help kids get back outside, away from the screen and into the world, where they create stimulating and imaginative experiences," said the designer. "By engaging with this toy, they become aware of a resourceful and renewable element, the stick."
The kits can be purchased from the Stick-lets website.
- Jason Bruges Studio for Veuve Clicquot
- Glamour Factory by Studio Job and Viktor… & Rolf
- Vendôme by Kram/Weisshaar
- Tom Dixon in Milan 2009
- Designers in Residence at the Design Mus…eum
- Using traditional crafts in design is no…t "sentimental" says Sebastian Cox
- Odd, Symbio and Bold by Jonas Wagell
- Freedom of Creation at 100% Design
- Towel With Further Options by NIIMI
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories