Product news: these flexible silicone connecters have been designed by Christina Kazakia to help children to lash sticks together when building dens.
Philadelphia designer Christina Kazakia's Stick-lets are silicone connecters that come in brightly coloured organic shapes.
The latest collection Fort Kit 2.0 comprises connecters with two to four holes, which vary in size to connect sticks of different girths.
The stretchy silicone is child safe and weather resistant.
"Stick-lets can help kids get back outside, away from the screen and into the world, where they create stimulating and imaginative experiences," said the designer. "By engaging with this toy, they become aware of a resourceful and renewable element, the stick."
The kits can be purchased from the Stick-lets website.
- Chop by LucidiPevere Studio for Normann …Copenhagen
- Movie: tour of Innovation Design Enginee…ring at Show RCA 2012 with Miles Pennington
- Matilda 2011 at designjunction
- NYC gets first Grimshaw bus stop
- Osmosis by Arik Levy
- In a Pinch shelving system by Arttu Kuis…ma
- Dezeen Watch Store at Clerkenwell Design… Week
- Il Hoon Roh weaves carbon fibre string i…nto curved armchair
- New bags by Jerome Olivet
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories