Fashion designer Matthew Williamson has enlisted his celebrity friends including architect Zaha Hadid, actress Gwyneth Paltrow and singer Mary J Blige to design Christmas tree ornaments, which are on display at The Shard in London and will be auctioned for charity.
Hadid's 3D-printed design is shaped like a sinuous Christmas tree, with holes cut through sections of the green form.
"The Zaha Hadid Christmas decoration is a contemporary representation of a traditional decorative object," states the architect on the project's Facebook page. "Manufactured using rapid prototyping technology and materials, the piece is a digital creation representing current techniques employed in the field of architecture, design and research."
Williamson's own design is covered in black and white feathers, interspersed with smaller metal balls intricately decorated using tiny beads.
The bauble by photographer Rankin is a sphere of small metal spikes, while Mary J Blige's globe is covered in card leaf-like shapes.
A blue ball by designer Polly Morgan is being pecked by a stuffed woodpecker and artist Mat Collishaw's silver orb appears to be oozing out its insides.
There are also designs by actresses Gwyneth Paltrow and Sienna Miller.
Each decoration is signed by its designer either on the surface or the ribbon use to hang it on the tree.
- London Design Festival eyes South Bank
- Kristine Five Melvær experiments with g…lass blowing to create Graphic Vases
- Gigi Barker's skin-covered seats are inf…used with bodily scents
- New products by Viable London
- Nendo's modular office tables create "ca…sual spaces for standing conversation"
- Minimal Work Station by Fredrik Paulsen
- Dezeen Platform: Wrap magazine issue thr…ee
- PXR-8 by Michael Young at Dezeen Watch S…tore
- Wall of Flame by Frederik Roijé
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories