Here's a full set of images showing the Jazz superyacht Zaha Hadid is designing for German shipbuilders Blohm+Voss, including new interior shots (+ slideshow).
Hadid first designed a concept for a 128-metre yacht, which informed the design of five 90-metre vessels called Unique Circle yachts.
These will retain the sinuous design aesthetic of the original, but be pared back and engineered by Blohm+Voss to meet the technical specifications required for ocean crossings.
The first 90-metre craft in the range, shown here, will be the Jazz yacht.
It will feature a sharp solid prow, becoming more open towards the back where terraces and lounge areas will be sheltered by curving forms.
Zaha Hadid Architects say the five Unique Circle yachts "creatively explore the design philosophies of the master prototype within the technical requirements of a fully engineered yacht design."
The remaining four boats will be customised according to the needs of their owners.
- DesignMarch 2012: studio tours
- Scantling by Mathias Hahn for Marset
- Design Museum Collection App: computers
- Powerless Structures, Fig.101 by Elmgree…n and Dragset
- Dezeen Watch Store at Clerkenwell Design… Week
- A utensil is not just a utensil by James… Stoklund
- Strange Symphony by Philipp Weber
- Hotel Ballymun
- "My ladders provide an imaginative route… across the road" - Gitta Gschwendtner
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories