Here's a full set of images showing the Jazz superyacht Zaha Hadid is designing for German shipbuilders Blohm+Voss, including new interior shots (+ slideshow).
Hadid first designed a concept for a 128-metre yacht, which informed the design of five 90-metre vessels called Unique Circle yachts.
These will retain the sinuous design aesthetic of the original, but be pared back and engineered by Blohm+Voss to meet the technical specifications required for ocean crossings.
The first 90-metre craft in the range, shown here, will be the Jazz yacht.
It will feature a sharp solid prow, becoming more open towards the back where terraces and lounge areas will be sheltered by curving forms.
Zaha Hadid Architects say the five Unique Circle yachts "creatively explore the design philosophies of the master prototype within the technical requirements of a fully engineered yacht design."
The remaining four boats will be customised according to the needs of their owners.
- Ettore Sottsass: A Survey, 1992 – 2007… at Friedman Benda
- "Why create another piece of furniture?"… - Hella Jongerius
- Dubious London Town by Vic Lee at The Te…mporium
- Rice-Design at 100% Design Tokyo
- Smoke by Maarten Baas
- Piet Hein Eek at Cibone
- 4StrikeBike by TSG Essempio
- Grace K handbags and So K sandals by Kar…tell
- Erratum by Jeremy Hutchison
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories