Here's a full set of images showing the Jazz superyacht Zaha Hadid is designing for German shipbuilders Blohm+Voss, including new interior shots (+ slideshow).
Hadid first designed a concept for a 128-metre yacht, which informed the design of five 90-metre vessels called Unique Circle yachts.
These will retain the sinuous design aesthetic of the original, but be pared back and engineered by Blohm+Voss to meet the technical specifications required for ocean crossings.
The first 90-metre craft in the range, shown here, will be the Jazz yacht.
It will feature a sharp solid prow, becoming more open towards the back where terraces and lounge areas will be sheltered by curving forms.
Zaha Hadid Architects say the five Unique Circle yachts "creatively explore the design philosophies of the master prototype within the technical requirements of a fully engineered yacht design."
The remaining four boats will be customised according to the needs of their owners.
- Hay pops up in Milan with miniature mark…etplace
- Croatian designer creates giant light sh…ow by illuminating shipyard cranes
- GIBS light made of bandages by Juyoung …Kim of Metafaux Design
- Gravel Plant 01 by Mieke Meijer
- Unsustainable by Greetje van Helmond
- #006 SideSeat by Studio Makkink & Bey fo…r PROOFF
- WWIII by Atelier Van Lieshout for Lensve…lt
- Laundry Room Collection by Terry Dwan fo…r Riva 1920
- Rick Owens extends footwear range for Ad…idas
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories