"[Bread] is a good and descriptive way to communicate the form," Wagell told Dezeen. "The words and the name paints pictures before people have even seen the product."
Each piece in the Swell range features bulky armrests and curved padded seats, plus stitching divides the seats and back of the sofa.
Both the sofas and the armchair are raised off the ground on small steel feet.
The bulbous shape is created by a wooden structure covered in polyether foam, which is then upholstered. There are 21 colours to choose from.
The extended collection was launched at the Stockholm Design Fair, which took place earlier this month. The three-seater sofa first debuted during Milan design week last year.
- Gareth Pugh dresses models like abominab…le snowmen and wind-up toys
- Launch of Llustre.com
- Ink Calendar by Oscar Diaz
- Folly by Ron Arad for Magis
- Partrica Urquiola – Purely Porcelain a…t the Design Museum
- Dezeen Watch Store pop-up at designjunct…ion
- Nissan Cube by Nissan
- Paper Vases by Studio Libertiny
- Kano computer kit by MAP
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories