The CH88 was designed by Wegner almost 60 years ago and has been launched by Carl Hansen & Son to commemorate the one-hundredth anniversary of the designer's birth.
A slim steam-moulded wooden back support has upturned ends for resting arms, combined with an oval wood seat and a tubular steel frame.
"Wegner was an unsurpassed master when it came to exploring the applications and compatibility of different materials," said Carl Hansen & Son CEO Knud Erik Hansen.
"It is precisely the fusion of organic wood and industrial steel that produces a versatile chair suited to a range of different styles and settings."
The CH88 was first unveiled as a prototype at the H55 Exhibition in Helsingborg, Sweden, in 1955.
Carl Hansen & Son slightly tweaked the proportions of the original design to accommodate users who are taller today. The company also altered the shape of the seat so the chairs can be stacked.
The design is available in beech and oak, in a range of coloured finishes, and the frame comes in stainless steel, powder-coated black or plated in chrome. On display at Stockholm Furniture Fair earlier this month, the CH88 chair is due to go on sale in May.
- Zai HIGO tools by Kacper Hamilton
- Sunflower Seeds 2010 by Ai Weiwei
- Aunts and Uncles by Philippe Starck for …Kartell
- Chunky stitches pattern Bandas rugs and …furniture by Patricia Urquiola
- Sou Fujimoto stacks aluminium boxes to f…orm "nomadic" house installation in Paris
- AMO installs translucent "stalactites" a…bove Prada Spring Summer 2016 catwalk
- Dandelight by Drift
- Dark Side collection of 3D printed vesse…ls by Michaël Malapert
- Armoire Collection by Pinch
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories