The CH88 was designed by Wegner almost 60 years ago and has been launched by Carl Hansen & Son to commemorate the one-hundredth anniversary of the designer's birth.
A slim steam-moulded wooden back support has upturned ends for resting arms, combined with an oval wood seat and a tubular steel frame.
"Wegner was an unsurpassed master when it came to exploring the applications and compatibility of different materials," said Carl Hansen & Son CEO Knud Erik Hansen.
"It is precisely the fusion of organic wood and industrial steel that produces a versatile chair suited to a range of different styles and settings."
The CH88 was first unveiled as a prototype at the H55 Exhibition in Helsingborg, Sweden, in 1955.
Carl Hansen & Son slightly tweaked the proportions of the original design to accommodate users who are taller today. The company also altered the shape of the seat so the chairs can be stacked.
The design is available in beech and oak, in a range of coloured finishes, and the frame comes in stainless steel, powder-coated black or plated in chrome. On display at Stockholm Furniture Fair earlier this month, the CH88 chair is due to go on sale in May.
- Angell, Wyller & Aarseth's Saddle Chair …features pockets in each arm
- Dezeen's pick of Milan 2013: Salone
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner
- Meta at Design Miami
- Catwalk for Up [øpp] by Gartnerfuglen A…rchitects
- Silestone Slab Vases by Form Us With Lov…e for Cosentino
- Long Low Hygiene Table and Evoluntionary… Chair by Studio Design Rafaschieri
- Reversed Volumes by Mischer’Traxler
- 3x3 by 3Patas for Francesc Ros Fusteria …Decoració
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories