Jun Yasumoto designed Owl lamp for French furniture company Ligne Roset in three variations: a table lamp, reading light and a wall lamp. The white cotton shade can be pivoted around the light source to diffuse the light in a certain direction.
"This rotation enables the light reflected from the bulb to be modulated, directed, and softened by the other side of the disc, pivoting around the light source rather than confining it," said the designer.
A bare fluorescent bulb attached behind the flat shade emits a soft light when illuminated. The table lamp and reading lights are mounted on matte white lacquered-steel bases.
- High-tech lighting installation by Simon… Heijdens creates "3D drawings in water"
- Hacked Lab at La Rinascente
- Copy by Kueng Caputo
- Swarovski Ginza store by Tokujin Yoshiok…a 2
- St Peter Squeezer by Studio Giulio Iacch…etti
- Darum lamp by DAG-designlab
- "An era is drawing to an end for Italian… design"
- Libri by Michaël Bihain
- 11 of the best designs for coffee-lovers
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories