Jun Yasumoto designed Owl lamp for French furniture company Ligne Roset in three variations: a table lamp, reading light and a wall lamp. The white cotton shade can be pivoted around the light source to diffuse the light in a certain direction.
"This rotation enables the light reflected from the bulb to be modulated, directed, and softened by the other side of the disc, pivoting around the light source rather than confining it," said the designer.
A bare fluorescent bulb attached behind the flat shade emits a soft light when illuminated. The table lamp and reading lights are mounted on matte white lacquered-steel bases.
- Max Lamb at Johnson Trading Gallery
- Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents: Axel… Hildebrand
- Michael Sodeau uses Formula 1 engineerin…g to create carbon-fibre Halo chair
- Particle shelving by Dominic McCausland
- Marcel Wanders launches Crochet Chair
- Wonderlamp by Studio Job and Pieke Bergm…ans for Dilmos
- Whitney Graphic Identity by Experimental… Jetset
- Freedom of Creation in Milan
- Mini Golf Club by La Bolleur
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories