Jun Yasumoto designed Owl lamp for French furniture company Ligne Roset in three variations: a table lamp, reading light and a wall lamp. The white cotton shade can be pivoted around the light source to diffuse the light in a certain direction.
"This rotation enables the light reflected from the bulb to be modulated, directed, and softened by the other side of the disc, pivoting around the light source rather than confining it," said the designer.
A bare fluorescent bulb attached behind the flat shade emits a soft light when illuminated. The table lamp and reading lights are mounted on matte white lacquered-steel bases.
- Luzinterruptus creates "weird and sinist…er" lighting installation using floating latex gloves
- Jet Set by Jaime Hayón
- Design Miami Chat Shows: Ross Lovegrove
- Aluminium animals by Eleanor Trevisanutt…o disguise CCTV cameras
- Ladder by Itay Laniado
- Acorn lights by Vasiliy Butenko
- Dezeen Screen: The Solar Sinter by Marku…s Kayser
- The Bombay Sapphire Prize in Milan: vide…o diary day 4
- Nike adapts Flyknit technology to launch… knitted football boot
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories