Jun Yasumoto designed Owl lamp for French furniture company Ligne Roset in three variations: a table lamp, reading light and a wall lamp. The white cotton shade can be pivoted around the light source to diffuse the light in a certain direction.
"This rotation enables the light reflected from the bulb to be modulated, directed, and softened by the other side of the disc, pivoting around the light source rather than confining it," said the designer.
A bare fluorescent bulb attached behind the flat shade emits a soft light when illuminated. The table lamp and reading lights are mounted on matte white lacquered-steel bases.
- LG70 by Seymourpowell
- Urban Nebula by Zaha Hadid
- Tetra light by Peter Liversidge and As…if Khan
- The return of Memphis: "it's something… that's in the air"
- AE+Y Mobile Phone by Yves Behar for Æ…sir
- Fan Table by Mauricio Affonso at Ventu…ra Lambrate
- Chubby by Marcel Wanders
- 150 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezeen …Watch Store
- Printable Offerings by Studio Leung
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories