Jun Yasumoto designed Owl lamp for French furniture company Ligne Roset in three variations: a table lamp, reading light and a wall lamp. The white cotton shade can be pivoted around the light source to diffuse the light in a certain direction.
"This rotation enables the light reflected from the bulb to be modulated, directed, and softened by the other side of the disc, pivoting around the light source rather than confining it," said the designer.
A bare fluorescent bulb attached behind the flat shade emits a soft light when illuminated. The table lamp and reading lights are mounted on matte white lacquered-steel bases.
- One Handed Condom Wrapper by Ben Pawle
- ChargerFrame by Naolab
- All around the world by Crispin Jones fo…r Mr Jones Watches at Dezeen Watch Store
- Fabriano by Riccardo Nannini, Domenico O…refice and Emanuele Pizzolorusso
- RealFlex U-FORM+ shoes by Reebok
- Piet Hein Eek's first eyewear range debu…ts at Dutch Design Week
- Roc Apeldoorn interior by Tjep.
- Heinola Reading Lamps by Vesa Honkonen
- Robotic vacuum cleaners perform a Vienne…se Waltz at Biennale Interieur 2014
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories