Jun Yasumoto designed Owl lamp for French furniture company Ligne Roset in three variations: a table lamp, reading light and a wall lamp. The white cotton shade can be pivoted around the light source to diffuse the light in a certain direction.
"This rotation enables the light reflected from the bulb to be modulated, directed, and softened by the other side of the disc, pivoting around the light source rather than confining it," said the designer.
A bare fluorescent bulb attached behind the flat shade emits a soft light when illuminated. The table lamp and reading lights are mounted on matte white lacquered-steel bases.
- Fourth Plinth proposals unveiled for Tra…falgar Square
- Cut and Paste Wallpaper by All The Fruit…s decorates rooms using random patterns
- Marc Newson at Gagosian Gallery in Londo…n
- "Technology adds an incredible advantage… to fashion design"
- Miuccia Prada's "feminist" fashion colle…ction defies seasonal conventions
- Memorabilia Factory by Bold-design
- Designer cakes by Viktor & Rolf, Studio …Job and more served up during Design Miami
- SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills by Philippe S…tarck
- Movie: Omer Arbel on "making chandeliers… on an agricultural farm"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories