Jun Yasumoto designed Owl lamp for French furniture company Ligne Roset in three variations: a table lamp, reading light and a wall lamp. The white cotton shade can be pivoted around the light source to diffuse the light in a certain direction.
"This rotation enables the light reflected from the bulb to be modulated, directed, and softened by the other side of the disc, pivoting around the light source rather than confining it," said the designer.
A bare fluorescent bulb attached behind the flat shade emits a soft light when illuminated. The table lamp and reading lights are mounted on matte white lacquered-steel bases.
- Conceptual machine designed for 3D-pri…nting meat on-demand in any kitchen
- Designed in Hackney: Non-lethal mouset…rapsby Roger Arquer
- Clockwork Love by Tjep.
- Industry by Tom Dixon
- Jean Paul Gaultier x Melissa
- Ion by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- Lazy Bastard by Bertjan Pot for Montis
- Love the Bird by Marc Dibeh
- Yulia Yadryshnikova bases capsule fash…ion collection on Luca Nichetto's sofa cover
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories