Jun Yasumoto designed Owl lamp for French furniture company Ligne Roset in three variations: a table lamp, reading light and a wall lamp. The white cotton shade can be pivoted around the light source to diffuse the light in a certain direction.
"This rotation enables the light reflected from the bulb to be modulated, directed, and softened by the other side of the disc, pivoting around the light source rather than confining it," said the designer.
A bare fluorescent bulb attached behind the flat shade emits a soft light when illuminated. The table lamp and reading lights are mounted on matte white lacquered-steel bases.
- Special feature: weird food
- Tom Dixon launches "minimal and geometri…c" Plane light collection
- 111 Navy Chair by Emeco
- Balcon collection by Inga Sempé for Mou…stache
- Shadow and Light by Front for Porro
- Woodware by Max Lamb at Gallery Fumi
- Soot by Note Design Studio and Karolina …Stenfelt
- Dezeen Watch Store pop-up shop at Sleep …2012
- Sedia 1 - Chair by Enzo Mari for Artek
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories