Jun Yasumoto designed Owl lamp for French furniture company Ligne Roset in three variations: a table lamp, reading light and a wall lamp. The white cotton shade can be pivoted around the light source to diffuse the light in a certain direction.
"This rotation enables the light reflected from the bulb to be modulated, directed, and softened by the other side of the disc, pivoting around the light source rather than confining it," said the designer.
A bare fluorescent bulb attached behind the flat shade emits a soft light when illuminated. The table lamp and reading lights are mounted on matte white lacquered-steel bases.
- Alcarol turns damaged marble-cutting wor…ktops into resin-coated tables
- Young Creative Poland at the London Desi…gn Festival
- Wardrom by Paula
- B&B Italia in Milan
- Centimeter Studio's Sleeed chairs slide …together to stack horizontally
- Nendo. Illuminated for Wästberg
- K01 by Marc Newson for Pentax
- A Bit of Rough by Tom Dixon
- And Nowhere a Shadow by Cohen Van Balen …at Future Perfect
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories