Jun Yasumoto designed Owl lamp for French furniture company Ligne Roset in three variations: a table lamp, reading light and a wall lamp. The white cotton shade can be pivoted around the light source to diffuse the light in a certain direction.
"This rotation enables the light reflected from the bulb to be modulated, directed, and softened by the other side of the disc, pivoting around the light source rather than confining it," said the designer.
A bare fluorescent bulb attached behind the flat shade emits a soft light when illuminated. The table lamp and reading lights are mounted on matte white lacquered-steel bases.
- Surface Tension Lamp by Front
- Copper Mirror Series by Hunting & Narud
- Kranen/Gille at Gallery Fumi
- Spontaneous City in the Tree of Heavenby… London Fieldworks
- 50by70 by Tim Fishlock for Habitat
- Esource by Hal Watts at Show RCA 2012
- Threads for Cockaigne woven fashion coll…ection by Martijn van Strien
- Nendo replaces screws with magnets in Ma…gne-hinge glasses
- Vitra Virus by Pieke Bergmans
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories