Spaces set up at Droog's Rijksstudio m2 exhibition will include an entrance, bedroom, kitchen, living room and dining room.
The walls and ceiling will be decorated with Dutch graphic designer Irma Boom's wallpaper, referencing works in the museum's collection by the likes of Vermeer and using the colour palette she developed as part of the 2013 Rijksmuseum renovation and rebrand.
An eighteenth-century tapestry will be transformed into wallpaper, while a painting with birds and clouds will become part of a reflective gradient wall in the bedroom.
The furniture and homeware range created as part of the installation takes its lead from historical artifacts and pieces within paintings in the museum's collection.
A bathtub, a daybed, a writing desk, a mirror, a nightstand and a candleholder are executed in wood and leather.
Droog is also launching products previewed at Milan last year that are now in production. The collection takes colours, shapes and details from traditional artworks and uses contemporary materials such as rubber and titanium to create contemporary products.
The AA Glasses mimic the form of five historic glasses in the Rijksmuseum whose makers are unknown. They are available in transparent, or matte black for blind tastings.
Table Skin is a silicone cast of traditional Dutch ribbons and piping embroidery, used to form a durable, waterproof and easy-to-clean table cloth.
The collection also include a 3D-printed napkin ring by Studio Droog that resembles a pleated Tudor ruff.
As well as these, Droog will present new products from its New Original series referencing iconic Chinese products such as the Tea for One and Tea for Two teapots by Richard Hutten.
The exhibition will be open at Via San Gregorio 29 in Milan from 8 to 13 April.
- Form Us With Friends by Form Us With L…ove
- Gridlock by Philippe Malouin
- THINKK Studio's Lanna Factory machine …produces customisable lampshades
- Elements by Dick van Hoff at Gallery L…ibby Sellers
- "Everybody could have their body scann…ed and order clothes that fit perfectly"
- Fabriano by Riccardo Nannini, Domenico… Orefice and Emanuele Pizzolorusso
- David Chipperfield creates simple furn…iture from wooden planks
- La Cura by Studio Toogood at MOST
- Floating table by Ingo Maurer for Esta…blished & Sons
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories