The Serpentine Shoes designed by COS for both sexes are minimal lace-up brogues in black leather.
Related story: Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2014 by Smiljan Radić opens
"Based on the shape of our classic brogues, these shoes are a slip-on style with a neat lace-up front and cut-out back," said COS. "With a stacked leather sole and heel, they have a padded leather insole for comfort."
The backs of the women's shoes are cut off from the tongue to the base of the heel, creating slip-on designs that retain the lace-up fronts.
For men, the designs feature simple stitching details that run across the uppers and around the backs.
"The shoes draw inspiration from the COS brand ethos and are ultimately reworked classics encapsulating timeless style," said COS head of menswear design Martin Andersson.
The shoes are only available online, at The Serpentine Galleries and from the COS London Regent Street store. Proceeds from their sale will be donated to the Serpentine Trust.
COS is supporting this year's Serpentine Galleries Park Nights programme – a series of events on art, music, literature and film held at the pavilion in London's Kensington Gardens. Last year the fashion brand created two shirts to mark its sponsorship of the talk programme at the 2013 Serpentine Gallery Pavilion designed by Sou Fujimoto.
Opened late last month, the 2014 Serpentine Gallery Pavilion was designed by Chilean architect Smiljan Radić, who wanted the structure qualities of a giant hand-made model.
COS teamed up with Japanese design studio Nendo to create an installation of framed white shirts for Milan design week earlier this year.
- Electronic Calculator XS by plusminuszer…o
- Botanica by Formafantasma
- The crash was "very healthy" for collect…ible design, says Design Miami's Rodman Primack
- Aplomb by Lucidi and Pevere for Foscarin…i
- Magnetic Fields by Studio Tord Boontje
- Zai CORE Axe by Kacper Hamilton
- Solid desk accessories by Magnus Petters…en
- Rain by Tord Boontje for Moroso
- On the Rock vessels by Lee Broom to laun…ch at Milan dinner party
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories