The 240 bright red strings are suspended in front of a cascade at Egliseneuve d'Entraigues, in the mountainous Sancy region of central France.
"My kinetic artwork Dripping... is designed to create an unusual scenic space above the water," Fabre told Dezeen.
Originating from the top of the eight-metre-high falls, the 20-metre strings curve out in three tiers and appear to end in midair above the water.
"Water runs along all the lines and it is scattered from them like rain over the pool below," said Fabre. "This never-ending rainfall is particularly spectacular when backlit, with the sun shining through every droplet."
The strings are carried on metal wires, which connect to a thin frame that crosses the river. This frame attaches to trees on either side of the water and is anchored to rocks on the ground.
Horizons Sancy is held annually across the region and includes a series of artworks installed among the landscape.
This year's edition features a slatted wooden pavilion on top of a mountain and a veil of water stretching 40 metres between the trees of a wood.
- Calvert Brody typeface by Margaret Calve…rt, Neville Brody and Henrik Kubel
- Nike Free Trainer 5.0 by Nike
- Siren MP3 player by PearsonLloyd
- Hook by Jean Nouvel
- Ilpox by Marina Hoermanseder
- Dezeen Watch Store pop-up at 55 Neal Str…eet
- Design Miami Chat Shows: Ross Lovegrove
- KiBiSi launches cargo bike for urban com…muters
- Dezeen relaunch party at Covent Garden S…uper Design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories