Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architectural studies, he moved to Shenzhen, China, where he worked in an architecture and design office contributing to projects across Asia. On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- "These products don't look like they've …been made by people living on the street" - Pepe Heykoop
- Dezeen's style editor selects his top fi…ve installations and products from Milan 2014
- Cantilevered granite forms developed by …Zaha Hadid for CITCO shelving
- The return of Memphis: "it's something t…hat's in the air"
- "If I listen to the market, I'll be …designing crap" says Jaime Hayon
- Patricia Urquiola upholsters modular sof…a for Moroso in jersey fabric
- "Virtual design" is making life difficul…t for furniture companies says Marcel Wanders
- Customisable furniture means "no more tr…ends" says Philippe Starck
- Bouroullecs present carved wooden Uncino… chairs at Salone Internazionale del Mobile