Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architectural studies, he moved to Shenzhen, China, where he worked in an architecture and design office contributing to projects across Asia. On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Follow Dan on Twitter and Instagram.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- Chmara.Rosinke installation imagines the… kitchen of the future
- Nendo creates bottle and logo for Kenzo'…s unisex Totem fragrance
- Clothes dissolve on the catwalk during H…ussein Chalayan's Spring Summer 2016 show
- Piet Hein Eek begins long-term collabora…tion with Ikea
- Klemens Schillinger visualises changing …values of gold with Element 79 jewellery collection
- Today we like: coffee
- Kneip creates miniature motorised sculpt…ures from found objects
- Fredrikson Stallard creates crumpled met…al and rock-like furniture for Momentum collection
- Archicao's tiny Humble Hostel expands an…d contracts with a rolling facade