Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architectural studies, he moved to Shenzhen, China, where he worked in an architecture and design office contributing to projects across Asia. On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Follow Dan on Twitter and Instagram.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- Responsive Street Furniture adapts publi…c spaces to suit pedestrians' needs
- Colourless scenes whizz past during musi…c video for The Road
- Designers smell opportunities as they ex…plore the "vivid" world of scent
- Nendo's seven door concepts include desi…gns for wheelchair users and children
- Konstantin Grcic's Remo chair for Plank …features a T-shaped back
- ÉCAL students design seasonal objects f…or time-themed exhibition
- Marc Newson's Lockheed Lounge sets new r…ecord at auction
- Tom Dixon's Cog lights are shaped like m…achine components
- Designing 400 projects at a time "relaxe…s me" says Nendo's Oki Sato