Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architectural studies, he moved to Shenzhen, China, where he worked in an architecture and design office contributing to projects across Asia. On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Follow Dan on Twitter and Instagram.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- NK Guy documents 16 years of creating an…d destroying Burning Man's temporary "city"
- This week, Gehry continued his dominance… of LA's architecture boom
- Unisex Emergency Tampon necklace by Kata…rina Hornwall holds spare sanitary products
- COS, Hay and Tomas Alonso team up to lau…nch folding wooden tables
- Condom packaging based on different vege…table girths to help choose the correct fit
- Charles Pétillon fills Covent Garden ma…rket with 100,000 white balloons
- "When I said architects should get invol…ved in humanitarian issues, people laughed at me"
- Neri Oxman's new glass printing techniqu…e could lead to 3D-printed glass building facades
- Alessi celebrates Michael Graves' 9093 k…ettle anniversary with dragon-shaped whistle