Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architectural studies, he moved to Shenzhen, China, where he worked in an architecture and design office contributing to projects across Asia. On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- Pool exhibits geometric furniture in for…mer school for Biennale Interieur 2014
- Révélateur installation by Mickaël …Wiesengrün recreates "smells of the past"
- Daan Roosegaarde's pilot Smart Highway i…s a Dutch road illuminated with solar power
- Martijn van Strien launches experimental… fashion label with laser-cut garments
- Dift utilises doomed Belgian school to c…reate Eyes/Nights Only hotel
- Piet Hein Eek's first eyewear range debu…ts at Dutch Design Week
- Lemz wins Dutch Design Award 2014 with a…vatar for fighting child sex tourism online
- Analogue wood and brass tools transforme…d into digital measuring devices
- Van Eijk & Van der Lubbe design "an… experience in motion" for Volvo