Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architectural studies, he moved to Shenzhen, China, where he worked in an architecture and design office contributing to projects across Asia. On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Follow Dan on Twitter and Instagram.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- Gabriel Böhmer animates paper marionett…es for his own music video
- Today we like: weathering steel
- Selfridges hosts Water Bar for marine pl…astic exhibition Project Ocean
- Movie shows features of Converse's redes…igned Chuck Taylors
- Minimal luggage, clocks and footwear amo…ng Naoto Fukasawa's products for Muji
- Nendo's Twig chair features interchangea…ble wooden tops
- Patricia Urquiola's Salinas system for B…offi is based on her grandfather's kitchen
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin 4 lamp rel…eased by Yamagiwa
- KLM and TU Delft propose long-distance a…ircraft featuring wings that merge with its body