Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architectural studies, he moved to Shenzhen, China, where he worked in an architecture and design office contributing to projects across Asia. On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Follow Dan on Twitter and Instagram.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- Ikea launches furniture that wirelessly …charges smartphones and tablets
- Olya Tsoraeva sets Radiohead's Creep to …stop-motion plasticine animation
- John Pawson designs interior for Christo…pher Kane's first store
- Student project creates template for tur…ning old tyres into footwear
- Waterfalls flow over catwalk at Hunter f…ashion show
- Daan Roosegaarde's Waterlicht installati…on mimics northern lights in Dutch skies
- "Stop all public funding" for arts schoo…ls says Patrik Schumacher
- Massimo Faion's Posa Project reinterpret…s falconry perches
- Travelator catwalk carries models around… House of Holland fashion show