Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architecture, he moved to Shenzhen in China, where he worked in an architecture and design office, contributing to projects across Asia.
On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full-time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Dan was promoted to design editor in 2014, and was appointed as deputy editor in 2015. He is responsible for all of Dezeen's design content.
In 2015, Dan was shortlisted for PPA Writer of the Year and PPA Digital Writer of the Year.
Follow Dan on Twitter and Instagram.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- Calatrava's Oculus at the World Trade Ce…nter photographed by Hufton + Crow
- AS Arquitectura turns dilapidated Mexica…n hacienda into characterful resort
- Eight Modernist visitor centres from the… USA's Mission 66 National Park programme
- Studio MK27 creates giant shelving units… in São Paulo penthouse
- Yoshihara McKee maximises natural light …at Photographer's Loft in New York
- 10 of Tel Aviv's best examples of Bauhau…s residential architecture
- Kariouk Associates sneaks around plannin…g laws to gain lake vistas for A Bower House
- Adidas unveils toddler versions of Kanye… West's Yeezy Boost 350
- Mammoth cafe and craft beer bar in Seatt…le accommodates different social spaces