Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architectural studies, he moved to Shenzhen, China, where he worked in an architecture and design office contributing to projects across Asia. On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Follow Dan on Twitter and Instagram.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- Ming Kong develops tactile interface to …navigate CAD environments
- Studio Ilio uses electricity to form sol…id objects from wire and waste 3D-printing powder
- Enzo Mari knife inspires twisting sculpt…ure at Goodwood 2015
- DZHUS resuscitates Totalitarian aestheti…c for Autumn Winter 2015 fashion collection
- CanopyStair is a spiral staircase that s…traps around any tree trunk
- 3D printing has stagnated, says pioneeri…ng designer Francis Bitonti
- Nendo's Beauty Library presents organic …cosmetics on bookshelves
- COS launches The Serpentine Bag to coinc…ide with 2015 pavilion opening
- Happaratus "power glove" carves objects …with its fingertips