Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architectural studies, he moved to Shenzhen, China, where he worked in an architecture and design office contributing to projects across Asia. On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- Fabrica's Statera desk tidy brings plant…s into the workplace
- Philippe Starck launches MASS cycling co…llection at Eurobike
- Snøhetta entices bees into Oslo with ho…ney-coloured Vulkan Beehives
- The Living Points Structure jewellery co…vers limbs in porcupine-like spines
- Henrichs launches hi-vis garments for fa…shion-conscious cyclists
- Fabrica reinterprets everyday objects fo…r Extra-Ordinary Gallery at Ace Hotel Shoreditch
- Kate Moss' left breast used to shape Cha…mpagne glass
- Au Pain Doré bakery by Naturehumaine fe…atures slatted wood ceiling
- Ora-Ïto's Nikeames shoe is an "homage t…o Charles and Ray"