Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architecture, he moved to Shenzhen in China, where he worked in an architecture and design office, contributing to projects across Asia.
On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full-time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Dan was promoted to design editor in 2014, and was appointed as deputy editor in 2015. He is responsible for all of Dezeen's design content.
In 2015, Dan was shortlisted for PPA Writer of the Year and PPA Digital Writer of the Year.
Follow Dan on Twitter and Instagram.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- Deodoro Olympic Park will host multiple …sporting events during the Rio 2016 games
- "These are the challenges I love to see …designers tackling"
- Rio 2016 handball arena will dismantle t…o become four schools
- 10 of the most significant Modernist sum…mer houses in Fire Island Pines
- Ward Roberts' photographs capture the co…lours of sports courts around the world
- Smartwatch sales experience first declin…e as Apple Watch popularity dives
- Ron Arad and Moroso create curvy chairs …for Watergate Hotel renovation
- Photos offer glimpse at interiors of Raf…ael Viñoly's 432 Park Avenue
- Tom Dixon targets America's west coast w…ith first store in LA