Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architectural studies, he moved to Shenzhen, China, where he worked in an architecture and design office contributing to projects across Asia. On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Follow Dan on Twitter and Instagram.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Up5 Chair by… Gaetano Pesce
- Form Us With Love uses monochrome palett…e for Pen Store interior
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Thonet No 14… Chair
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Swan Chair b…y Arne Jacobsen
- "They thought I was a troublemaker" says… Zaha Hadid
- Sensorial Brushes by Najla El Zein Works…pace are designed to stimulate the skin
- Campana brothers cover wooden furniture …with doormats
- 19 Greek Street fits out show apartment …at Saint Martin's Lofts
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Queen Anne S…ide Chair by Robert Venturi and Denise Scott Brown