Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architecture, he moved to Shenzhen in China, where he worked in an architecture and design office, contributing to projects across Asia.
On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full-time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Dan was promoted to design editor in 2014, and was appointed as deputy editor in 2015. He is responsible for all of Dezeen's design content.
In 2015, Dan was shortlisted for PPA Writer of the Year and PPA Digital Writer of the Year.
Follow Dan on Twitter and Instagram.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- Luis Barragán exhibition in New York ex…amines his use of colour
- Minimal interior by Rapt Studio provides… "photo studio for the Instagram era"
- Bureau Spectacular creates interlocking …moveable displays for Frankie Los Angeles store
- Five of the best houses in New York Stat…e on Dezeen
- Macro Sea turns abandoned Brooklyn wareh…ouse into New Lab co-working space
- Henri Cleinge adapts grand Montreal bank… for Crew Offices and Cafe
- Brick "pixel patchwork" envelops Residen…za Le Stelle housing by Buzzi Studio Di Architettura
- Modus Studio turns old workshop into Man…zeum guesthouse with steel extension
- Apple Store Williamsburg by Bohlin Cywin…ski Jackson features exposed brick walls