Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architectural studies, he moved to Shenzhen, China, where he worked in an architecture and design office contributing to projects across Asia. On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- MVRDV designed the Markthal Rotterdam to… be "as proud as possible"
- Iris van Herpen uses 3D printing and mag…nets to form Spring Summer 2015 fashion collection
- Dezeen Guide update: October 2014
- MVRDV's Markthal Rotterdam opens
- Chunky stitches pattern Bandas rugs and …furniture by Patricia Urquiola
- Raw Edges shapes Endgrain wooden furnitu…re to reveal colourful patterns
- Tom Dixon's Design Research Studio compl…etes Mondrian Hotel interior
- Vitra Design Museum hosts Alvar Aalto re…trospective
- ReMIX Studio outlines hutong house renov…ation plans with UV installation