Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architecture, he moved to Shenzhen in China, where he worked in an architecture and design office, contributing to projects across Asia.
On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full-time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Dan was promoted to design editor in 2014, and was appointed as deputy editor in 2015. He is responsible for all of Dezeen's design content.
In 2015, Dan was shortlisted for PPA Writer of the Year and PPA Digital Writer of the Year.
Follow Dan on Twitter and Instagram.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- Progressland exhibition presents objects… of exploration at New York's Chamber gallery
- Peter Saville colour-codes London's Tate… Modern ahead of extension opening
- David Adjaye uses crinkled concrete pane…ls for Valextra concession at Harrods
- Google teams up with Levi's to create in…teractive denim jacket
- Diller Scofidio + Renfro unveils forum b…uilding for University of Chicago campus
- New York Textile Month will highlight th…e revival of cloth, says Li Edelkoort
- David Chipperfield further develops Nobe…l Center design for public presentation
- Richard Meier unveils black tower for Ma…nhattan at 685 First Avenue
- Galanter & Jones creates heated out…door chairs to replace patio heaters