Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architecture, he moved to Shenzhen in China, where he worked in an architecture and design office, contributing to projects across Asia.
On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full-time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Dan was promoted to design editor in 2014, and was appointed as deputy editor in 2015. He is responsible for all of Dezeen's design content.
In 2015, Dan was shortlisted for PPA Writer of the Year and PPA Digital Writer of the Year.
Follow Dan on Twitter and Instagram.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- Frozen "pee landscapes" feature in music… video for Marle Thomson's Levitation
- Bouroullec brothers create the "Swiss wa…tch" of roller blinds for Kvadrat
- AMO "highlights the attitude of Prada" w…ith graphical campaign video
- Pierre Charpin's Slice chair for Cinna i…s split up into blocks
- Bartlett students use robots to build 3D…-printed filigree chairs
- The Enlightened 50s lighting exhibition …illuminates London's Galerie Kreo
- Arc Bicycle has 3D-printed steel frame c…reated by TU Delft students and MX3D
- Dunne and Raby move to Parsons following… RCA departure
- Uber rebrands with location-specific "as…shole" logos based on bathroom tiles