Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architectural studies, he moved to Shenzhen, China, where he worked in an architecture and design office contributing to projects across Asia. On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- Biennale Interieur 2014 award winners re…alise bar concepts at Kortrijk Xpo
- Apple's Marc Newson designs a shotgun fo…r Beretta
- Ross Lovegrove exhibits sculptural light…s in Barrisol pavilion at Biennale Interieur 2014
- The UK "is not interested in funding" pu…blic buildings says David Chipperfield
- Modebelofte 2014 exhibition showcases "i…nnovative" graduate fashion
- David Chipperfield models Bally flagship… store on 1920s Marcel Breuer interior
- Pool exhibits geometric furniture in for…mer school for Biennale Interieur 2014
- Révélateur installation by Mickaël …Wiesengrün recreates "smells of the past"
- Daan Roosegaarde's pilot Smart Highway i…s a Dutch road illuminated with solar power