Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architecture, he moved to Shenzhen in China, where he worked in an architecture and design office, contributing to projects across Asia.
On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full-time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Dan was promoted to design editor in 2014, and was appointed as deputy editor in 2015. He is responsible for all of Dezeen's design content.
In 2015, Dan was shortlisted for PPA Writer of the Year and PPA Digital Writer of the Year.
Follow Dan on Twitter and Instagram.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- AIA cancels North Carolina conference ov…er anti-LGBT law
- SFMOMA reopens with Snøhetta extension …that triples its gallery space
- Studio Dror imagines second giant dome f…or Montreal's Expo 67 island
- Claim that MoMA will abolish architectur…e and design galleries "absolutely not true" says curator
- LACMA pays tribute to Prince with Purple… Rain Room
- Sabine Volkert depicts a journey of self…-discovery as "liquid motion" for Koloto music video
- Major art museum extension by OMA underw…ay in Quebec
- "Prince was the Nike swoosh before Nike …was" says musician's symbol designer
- SHoP's supertall Brooklyn tower gets gre…en light