Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architecture, he moved to Shenzhen in China, where he worked in an architecture and design office, contributing to projects across Asia.
On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full-time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Dan was promoted to design editor in 2014, and was appointed as deputy editor in 2015. He is responsible for all of Dezeen's design content.
In 2015, Dan was shortlisted for PPA Writer of the Year and PPA Digital Writer of the Year.
Follow Dan on Twitter and Instagram.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- Mark Havens' Out of Season photographs s…how Jersey Shore motels "frozen in time"
- Tessa Silva-Dawson uses milk as substitu…te for hydrocarbon plastics
- ODA's Rheingold Project housing to take …up two full city blocks in Brooklyn
- Illustrators and creatives react to UK's… Brexit vote
- Provencher Roy to restore Montreal's Ale…xandra Pier and cruise terminal
- OMA's Pierre Lassonde Pavilion doubles t…he size of Quebec art museum
- Featured event: EU referendum
- Five of the best houses in Massachusetts… on Dezeen
- Documents emerge revealing Eero Saarinen… designed weapons for the CIA