Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architectural studies, he moved to Shenzhen, China, where he worked in an architecture and design office contributing to projects across Asia. On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Follow Dan on Twitter and Instagram.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- Rick Owens extends footwear range for Ad…idas
- London mayor backs new cycle superhighwa…y
- Nendo creates chocolatey waves for Maiso…n&Objet installation
- Karim Rashid's sex shop interior "satisf…ies primal desire"
- Balloon Swing proposed for New York park
- Patricia Urquiola's Luna cabinet conceal…s items behind pivoting doors
- Jin Kuramoto adds maple furniture to Mat…suso T range
- Claesson Koivisto Rune arranges metal sh…eets into Caramel side table
- Raf Simons' trainers for Adidas are base…d on vintage space suits