Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architecture, he moved to Shenzhen in China, where he worked in an architecture and design office, contributing to projects across Asia.
On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full-time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Dan was promoted to design editor in 2014, and was appointed as deputy editor in 2015. He is responsible for all of Dezeen's design content.
In 2015, Dan was shortlisted for PPA Writer of the Year and PPA Digital Writer of the Year.
Follow Dan on Twitter and Instagram.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- This week, London and Copenhagen unveile…d ambitious plans for pedestrian and cycle bridges
- Design company raises prices on Black Fr…iday in support of craftspeople
- Today we like: tableware
- London's first pedestrian and cycle brid…ge proposed for Canary Wharf
- Arch Group proposes dispatch centre for …Russia's Ministry of Emergency Situations
- Evolvia By Evolve olive oil is presented… in a minimal bottle
- Vitsœ to avoid Black Friday "insanity" …by closing stores
- Hella Jongerius designs "homelike" cabin… interiors for KLM's Boeing 787 aircraft
- Transport for London unveils designs for… 200-metre-long Crossrail trains