Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architectural studies, he moved to Shenzhen, China, where he worked in an architecture and design office contributing to projects across Asia. On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- JamesPlumb repurposes antique Burnished …Indigo fabric for lampshades and sofa upholstery
- "Technology adds an incredible advantage… to fashion design"
- Simon Heijdens creates "moving kaleidosc…ope of light" at London gallery
- Darkroom patterns furniture and accessor…ies with Superstudio's "anti-design" grids
- David Adjaye creates Stool 7 for new onl…ine design platform Standseven
- Eley Kishimoto introduces its first hand…-printed wallpaper collection
- Milan "still the capital of design" says… Interni's Gilda Bojardi
- Designers interpret "home" for Airbnb Tr…afalgar Square installation
- Zaha Hadid homeware collection launches …at Harrods