Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architectural studies, he moved to Shenzhen, China, where he worked in an architecture and design office contributing to projects across Asia. On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- Katharina Gross adapts candle-making pro…cess to create wax tables
- Autoban designs Heydar Aliyev Internatio…nal Airport terminal in Baku
- Nendo manipulates metal to form Softer t…han Steel furniture collection
- Explosion Cabinet by Sebastian Errazuriz… expands using sliding joints
- OPSO restaurant by K-studio references "…old Athenian eateries"
- Max Lamb surrounds Opening Ceremony bout…ique with "lustrous" latex rubber curtains
- B-and-Bee camping concept proposes stack…able sleeping cells for festivals
- Dori concept store by Archiplan Studio f…eatures a chevron wall
- Gigi Barker's skin-covered seats are inf…used with bodily scents