Dan gained his interest in historical and contemporary architecture and design through opportunities to travel extensively from a young age. After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA in architectural studies, he moved to Shenzhen, China, where he worked in an architecture and design office contributing to projects across Asia. On his return, he decided to move into journalism and interned at Dezeen before becoming a full time member of the editorial team in June 2012.
Follow Dan on Twitter and Instagram.
Stories by Dan Howarth
- Tokujin Yoshioka's V watch for Issey Miy…ake is a rippled metal bracelet
- Zimoun installs motorised wooden seesaws… inside Austrian church
- Nendo turns Alcantara material into timb…er-patterned furniture
- Dior Homme occupies extended Haussmann b…uilding by Antonio Virga Architecte
- Apple promotes Jonathan Ive to new chief… design officer role
- BMW reinterprets 1970s racing coupé as …a carbon-fibre concept car
- Carl Hansen & Søn opens showroom i…n London's Clerkenwell
- Dezeen's top four collections from this …year's Westminster fashion design graduates
- Print All Over Me debuts homeware line w…ith patterned installation