Sam Jacob is a director of internationally acclaimed architecture practice FAT where he has been responsible for award winning projects in the UK and abroad that include cultural, retail, housing and commercial projects for clients including Selfridges, BBC and Igloo.
His work has been exhibited at major institutions such as the Venice Biennale, MAK and the V&A. He is design critic for Art Review, contributing editor for Icon, and contributes to many other publications including co-editing a recent issue of AD, a launch title for the Strelka Press alongside editing strangeharvest.com. Sam is Professor of Architecture at UIC and Director of the forthcoming Night School at the AA.
Stories by Sam Jacob
- "Kink and fetish has much to teach mains…tream design culture"
- "The Garden Bridge is a magic bullet for… a certain idea of the contemporary British city"
- "Cities that score well barely qualify a…s cities"
- "Experience a version of history without… the homework"
- "Marketing, architecture and development… can be an incredibly powerful combination"
- "We've got 99 problems but architecture …ain't one"
- "National Parks are synthesised products… of urbanisation"
- "Alongside every dream home is its night…mare twin"
- "These flip flops are politics disguised… as leisurewear"