Sam Jacob is a director of internationally acclaimed architecture practice FAT where he has been responsible for award winning projects in the UK and abroad that include cultural, retail, housing and commercial projects for clients including Selfridges, BBC and Igloo.
His work has been exhibited at major institutions such as the Venice Biennale, MAK and the V&A. He is design critic for Art Review, contributing editor for Icon, and contributes to many other publications including co-editing a recent issue of AD, a launch title for the Strelka Press alongside editing strangeharvest.com. Sam is Professor of Architecture at UIC and Director of the forthcoming Night School at the AA.
Stories by Sam Jacob
- "Vote Leave is a vote for a theme park i…nstead of a country"
- "The copy in contemporary culture is bot…h despised and feared"
- "Toys have become small plastic tablets …of moral code that we hand down to the next generation"
- "What would you do with a piece of Thatc…her memorabilia?"
- "Chicago boldly imagines its own definit…ion of what a biennial might be"
- "Eames has become a vaguely suggestive w…ord applied to alchemise junk shop remnants"
- "The destruction of the ancient city of …Palmyra is an assault on human culture"
- "Postmodernism's real qualities are mean… and difficult, yet also psychedelically positive"
- "Kink and fetish has much to teach mains…tream design culture"