Sam Jacob is a director of internationally acclaimed architecture practice FAT where he has been responsible for award winning projects in the UK and abroad that include cultural, retail, housing and commercial projects for clients including Selfridges, BBC and Igloo.
His work has been exhibited at major institutions such as the Venice Biennale, MAK and the V&A. He is design critic for Art Review, contributing editor for Icon, and contributes to many other publications including co-editing a recent issue of AD, a launch title for the Strelka Press alongside editing strangeharvest.com. Sam is Professor of Architecture at UIC and Director of the forthcoming Night School at the AA.
Stories by Sam Jacob
- "Alongside every dream home is its night…mare twin"
- "These flip flops are politics disguised… as leisurewear"
- "Architecture might have to become less …architectural"
- "Christmas decorations are winter as ske…uomorphism"
- "It's time to refigure the design proble…m of the London street"
- "The history of human culture is written… not in text but in objects"
- "The digital is a lens through which we …can view the entire history of design"
- "The beach is part of the same landscape… as the city"
- "We are surrounded by zombie architectur…e"